Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Confessions of a Compulsive Weeder: Ye Gads ........ that's my wife!

Communities > Forums > Article: Confessions of a Compulsive Weeder
bookmark
Forum: Article: Confessions of a Compulsive WeederReplies: 2, Views: 42
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Porksniffer
Vancouver, BC
Canada

August 31, 2009
2:14 PM

Post #7008187

When we go for walks around the neighborhood, I have to restrain her. If I don't, she will not hesitate to enter other people's yards and start pulling weeds.
veggieflowers
Columbia, MO

September 5, 2009
4:33 PM

Post #7028588

I also never go out without gloves on. There's always a weed (or many) that can get pulled on my way to or from the barn, garden, mailbox or wherever. I even weed in the winter, weather permitting. I figure every one I get before spring is one less to get going when the weather warms.
Weeding is an every day thing and I still haven't kept ahead of them.
I'm glad to know there are other compulsive weeders out there
dylancgc
Mount Vernon, MO
(Zone 6b)

September 25, 2009
7:28 PM

Post #7103754

I have been out in February before pulling those weeds that have the nerve to come up early. I think of it as one less to pull later.

I like weeding because usually you are out there by yourself and its quite. Noone comes out to help because they are afraid you will put them to work, or worse yet think up another garden project.

DH has names for my weeds. Snow on the Mountain (Euphorbia marginata) is a glorified weed and Cleome is a double glorified weed. All of my plants are glorified weeds as far as DH is concerned.

I have gone to other peoples houses and pulled weeds in their gardens, it has to be a really good friend or a close relative in order to get away with this behavior.

I find weed pulling relaxing, I have made it into a business, I do garden maintainance for other people so I get paid for doing something I like to do anyway.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Confessions of a Compulsive Weeder Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Weeds-be- gone! CountryGardens 39 Sep 1, 2009 2:21 AM
Weeds-be-gone wolfwolf 0 Sep 10, 2007 4:46 PM
I thought I was the only one! pupilpropogtr 6 Sep 7, 2009 8:34 PM
Very Humorous! NEILMUIR1 31 Sep 4, 2009 2:31 PM
Yes arejay59 0 Aug 30, 2009 11:24 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America