Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Confessions of a Compulsive Weeder: Weeding and Compulsion

Communities > Forums > Article: Confessions of a Compulsive Weeder
bookmark
Forum: Article: Confessions of a Compulsive WeederReplies: 1, Views: 24
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
labsietoots
Encino, CA

August 31, 2009
4:40 PM

Post #7008820

Yes, yes, ... 'weeding' I agree, is a far out better compulsion, or may I, perhaps, say, an "addiction" (as it is to me) than any drug!! Not only far better overall, but healthier, cheaper, truly spiritual thus good for the mind ... getting some daily air in your lungs, have the companionship of your pets outside, if you have any ... as I take my dogs with me, doing it. Working at it, makes my lips curl up in a constant smile, like my female labradors I have who also have, literally, a smile on their lips, when they are in a relaxed and happy state.
Weeding makes me realize how blessed I am and I thank the Allmighty for everything I have on this earth, including the weeds, who keep me busy and happy. So, in a way, out of a bad thing (the weeds) comes a good thing! Life is good!!
Labsietoots

Thumbnail by labsietoots
Click the image for an enlarged view.

joseyposey
Parrish, FL

September 4, 2009
9:53 PM

Post #7026300

Glad to know there are many other compulsive weeders. I live in Florida and many neighbors leave for the hot summer months. There is an unwritten code in my park -- never pull out a weed for a neighbor that is vacationing in the north. However, being an unconventional person I have decided to pull weeds for a neighbor who has been kind enough to water my potted plants when I'm gone for long weekends. One good turn deserves another. As a result this neighbors corner property looks acceptable. Thank goodness for the compulsive weeders of the world.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Confessions of a Compulsive Weeder Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Weeds-be- gone! CountryGardens 39 Sep 1, 2009 2:21 AM
Weeds-be-gone wolfwolf 0 Sep 10, 2007 4:46 PM
I thought I was the only one! pupilpropogtr 6 Sep 7, 2009 8:34 PM
Very Humorous! NEILMUIR1 31 Sep 4, 2009 2:31 PM
Yes arejay59 0 Aug 30, 2009 11:24 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America