Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Confessions of a Compulsive Weeder: Support group needed

Communities > Forums > Article: Confessions of a Compulsive Weeder
bookmark
Forum: Article: Confessions of a Compulsive WeederReplies: 1, Views: 17
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
adbussiere
Virginia Beach, VA
(Zone 8b)

September 1, 2009
1:30 PM

Post #7012393

Having a Compulsive Weeder (CW) in the household can be frustrating and sometimes embarassing for me but absolutely mortifying to my teenagers. My wife will be picking up one or more of the kids at their friends house and she'll start pulling weeds, deadheading, etc. while she's chatting with the parents. My kids will either go back into the house, hide in the car or try to leave with someone else's parents. My daughter was playing in a little league all-star tournament in July and after our week in the hotel my CW had weeded the perimiter flower beds and was working on the entrance beds. The hotel staff was extremely grateful and ensured that we had extra bars of soap in our room.

CW accompanied one of my sons to a Boy Scout camp this past June, as she did last year as well. The camp staff was ready for her this year and had hoes, cultivators, shovels and bags of mulch at the ready when our troop arrived. They've asked if she could be on staff for next Summer.

My neighbor is married to a CW and earlier this Summer I watched as he loaded up the car for a day at the beach, all the while his CW was pulling weeds. By the time he got her in the car, he could have emptied and loaded the car three times. I'm sure if I belonged to a CW support group that I could have done more than give him my best sympathetic look. Perhaps I'll troll the internets to see if there is a group out there already!

Dave
BigDi
Sequim, WA

September 4, 2009
5:28 PM

Post #7025583

Just think of all of the compulsions your CW could have that would be worse! CW will (probably) never be arrested for weeding.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Confessions of a Compulsive Weeder Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Weeds-be- gone! CountryGardens 39 Sep 1, 2009 2:21 AM
Weeds-be-gone wolfwolf 0 Sep 10, 2007 4:46 PM
I thought I was the only one! pupilpropogtr 6 Sep 7, 2009 8:34 PM
Very Humorous! NEILMUIR1 31 Sep 4, 2009 2:31 PM
Yes arejay59 0 Aug 30, 2009 11:24 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America