-
AuthorContent
katie59
Woodinville, WA
(Zone 8b)

September 3, 2009
10:15 PM

Post #7022532

We've talked a little bit about Mt. Tahoma Nursery here - they sell alpines and some hard-to-find woodland flowers by mail order, mostly.

I was privileged to have a walk-around there last weekend with some of my buddies in the Pacific NW Forum at our first annual round-up.

You're all welcome to head on over to see the garden (and other) pictures - we got a ton:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1032822/

Here's one of a raised bed at Mt. Tahoma Nursery in Graham, Washington, which was nearby. Rick was one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and he was so knowledgeable about every one of his babies that he turned me on to alpines. My winter project is to make a little raised alpine bed. Here's an example:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=7007249

You can find him online at:

http://www.backyardgardener.com/mttahoma/

And I was finally able to find my Paris polyphylla!!!
Weerobin
Saint Louis, MO
(Zone 6a)

September 4, 2009
11:29 AM

Post #7024480

I have ordered from Mt Tahoma for years.
Here's my Paris quadrifolia from Mt Tahoma earlier this year.
(At least, I think that's what it is ... I lost the tag!)
My paris polyphylla is new this year, so hopefully will see it flower next year!

Thumbnail by Weerobin
Click the image for an enlarged view.

katie59
Woodinville, WA
(Zone 8b)

September 4, 2009
8:29 PM

Post #7026018

Weerobin, I first heard about Mt. Tahoma from you. I can't thank you enough. That's a lovely Paris quadrifolia. If I can keep Paris Polyphylla (which I first saw at Heronswood last year) alive, Paris quadrifolia will be next. I also got some very nice Hepaticas, as well.

I think I'll be heading down there again in the spring to see the alpines in full bloom. And there's supposed to be a limestone quarry nearby. Rick uses pieces from there to make all sorts of simple structures for crevice gardens. If anyone is in the area I recommend a visit . . .

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Shady Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Dogwood Shrubs (flowering) Goldengirl 18 May 19, 2008 11:50 PM
info on shade-loving vine? Horseshoe 29 Oct 2, 2007 6:30 AM
Just a little shady corner. CountryGardens 7 Jul 22, 2009 8:17 PM
share your shade garden pics IowaAnn 198 Sep 15, 2008 4:42 PM
Problem area-wet shade, Please help Shadyfolks 52 Sep 13, 2008 3:04 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America