Photo by Melody

Article: Introduction to Cycads, the ultimate Jurassic landscape and/or potted plants: Thanks for the very good article....

Communities > Forums > Article: Introduction to Cycads, the ultimate Jurassic landscape and/or potted plants
bookmark
Forum: Article: Introduction to Cycads, the ultimate Jurassic landscape and/or potted plantsReplies: 0, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
YodieCoyote
Las Cruces, NM
(Zone 8a)

September 4, 2009
3:24 AM

Post #7023776

Again,...Geoff... you have done a superb job of introducing many of us to the world of Cycads. I fell in love with these plants when we moved to coastal GA about a decade ago. Seeing the magnificent huge old Sagos growing on Jekyll Island, and a few other older-once-wealthy-historical areas has never left my heart. We would often drive over to Jekyll just to see the wonderful centurion Live Oaks & Sagos. The historical Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah also has some cool old specimens. I planted some seed from the nifty old Cycads from the cemetery. I feel honored to have these pieces of southern history, happily growing in pots at our more-recent home in arid NM. Tough plants. Great plants.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Introduction to Cycads, the ultimate Jurassic landscape and/or potted plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
CAS eddy_xue 0 Oct 9, 2007 3:30 PM
Zamia furfuracea poornap 1 Dec 16, 2007 4:04 PM
Suggested Cycads for zone 8b? Dean_W 3 Nov 9, 2008 5:08 AM
cycas " crestata MZGILLETTR 1 Jun 29, 2009 4:53 AM
Microcycas LariAnn 0 Aug 27, 2009 6:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America