Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Article: Introduction to Cycads, the ultimate Jurassic landscape and/or potted plants: Thanks for the very good article....

Communities > Forums > Article: Introduction to Cycads, the ultimate Jurassic landscape and/or potted plants
bookmark
Forum: Article: Introduction to Cycads, the ultimate Jurassic landscape and/or potted plantsReplies: 0, Views: 17
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
YodieCoyote
Las Cruces, NM
(Zone 8a)

September 4, 2009
3:24 AM

Post #7023776

Again,...Geoff... you have done a superb job of introducing many of us to the world of Cycads. I fell in love with these plants when we moved to coastal GA about a decade ago. Seeing the magnificent huge old Sagos growing on Jekyll Island, and a few other older-once-wealthy-historical areas has never left my heart. We would often drive over to Jekyll just to see the wonderful centurion Live Oaks & Sagos. The historical Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah also has some cool old specimens. I planted some seed from the nifty old Cycads from the cemetery. I feel honored to have these pieces of southern history, happily growing in pots at our more-recent home in arid NM. Tough plants. Great plants.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Introduction to Cycads, the ultimate Jurassic landscape and/or potted plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
CAS eddy_xue 0 Oct 9, 2007 3:30 PM
Zamia furfuracea poornap 1 Dec 16, 2007 4:04 PM
Suggested Cycads for zone 8b? Dean_W 3 Nov 9, 2008 5:08 AM
cycas " crestata MZGILLETTR 1 Jun 29, 2009 4:53 AM
Microcycas LariAnn 0 Aug 27, 2009 6:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America