Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Babies and Colicroot: another new one

Communities > Forums > Article: Babies and Colicroot
bookmark
Forum: Article: Babies and ColicrootReplies: 1, Views: 8
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Dollykat
Lucasville, OH

September 5, 2009
4:46 AM

Post #7027679

I've never heard of this plant. Infant colic is as bad for the parent as it is for the baby. My oldest had it for three months, but at that time, pediatricians prescribed paregoric, which worked great. I understand that now it is not prescribed for colic. Maybe colicroot is the answer! It may have a relaxing effect on the digestive system, reducing the spasms. On another note, I have read that Indians used spiderwebs on wounds to stop bleeding. Did Aunt Bett ever mention that remedy? I thought she might have learned about it from her great-grandmother. Wouldn't one have to collect many, many spiderwebs to have enough to work?
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

September 5, 2009
4:52 AM

Post #7027689

Hi Dolly...good to see you again.

I vaguely remember learning something about spiderwebs. But my memories are not enough for me to do anything with. And there is nothing about them in any of her writings. I have not researched it, but I might just do that.

Most often when I write, I have to write about something I know well, otherwise I have very little to say about it. Spiderwebs seem to be missing from my mind, except those that I got tangled up in.

So I can't help you this time, but if I find anything interesting I'll send you a link.

Have a great holiday weekend, and thank you for taking time to write tonight.
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Babies and Colicroot Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
News to me Hemophobic 4 Sep 1, 2009 2:56 PM
Interesting Article! oldkate 1 Sep 1, 2009 1:14 PM
Book Deal Chantell 2 Sep 1, 2009 6:40 PM
Fun & Interesting Story! Petalpants 1 Sep 1, 2009 6:42 PM
Legacy Kat_M 1 Sep 1, 2009 6:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America