what is the name of this weed?

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

I don't have a lot of it but I see more of it following rains. easy to pull.

Thumbnail by vossner
Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

another view. thanks for your help.

Thumbnail by vossner
Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

another pic of this annoying weed

Thumbnail by vossner
Eustis, FL(Zone 9a)

Chamaesyce hypericifolia , graceful sandmat

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

Annette, my apologies for not responding sooner. Took me a while to verify. Absolutely agree that is is chamaesyce hypericifolia aka graceful sandmat.

While googling I did not find a single reference to this plant being a weed or noxious but as far as my garden goes, I consider it a pest. easy to remove, but anything that makes me work more than necessary, its an annoying weed, lol.

Eustis, FL(Zone 9a)

It's a weed to me too!

(Zone 1)

Arrrrgh! I have this stuff multiplying like rabbits in my flower beds this year! We've been in our house for over 34 years and I have never seen it before this year. It is driving me crazy because I can't seem to control it. I've been thinking of killing every plant in the beds just to get rid of this stuff.

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

lyn, should be easy to yank out. seems to get worse during rainy spells but again, easy to yank out.

(Zone 1)

It is very easy to pull out but it seems like every day I'm finding double or triple the amount of this stuff in the beds. I yanked bunches of it today, along with lots of dollarweed which I think wants to take over Florida! At least this is easier than dollarweed because the dollarweed runners can go deep and break off and I can't seem to get it all.

Cynthia (N. Kansas C, MO(Zone 5b)

Is it the same thing as Chickweed? It's kinda pretty, actually. Why are weeds so easy to grow and flowers so difficult? LOL

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

Hansey, the plant being discussed here is not chickweed. But chickweed is annoying too, definitely.

It resembles it a bit - I have chickweed and something else similar that actually looks like a ground cover but is annoying as all getout too. Richmond, is that by Houston?

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

yep

Ex-husband was born in Richmond, nice lil town. I do miss the great Mexican food of Texas. Luby's Cafeteria too.

Richmond, TX(Zone 9a)

hansey! Luby's is still around. There is a mex. restaurant in every corner and they're all good, lol.

I have some dear friends in N. Houston (Humble, actually) by Deerbrook Mall. When I go visit, Luby's is the first place - then El Palenque in Spring off I-45. Oh my gosh, I'm making myself hungry just thinking about "real" Mexican food!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.