Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: A Peony With a Past: My lost peonies and lilacs

Communities > Forums > Article: A Peony With a Past
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Peony With a PastReplies: 1, Views: 44
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
andriabj
Port Saint Lucie, FL

September 7, 2009
10:24 AM

Post #7035227

I remember my Grandmother's peonies, pink, deep red, and a dark pink. I had them planted along my patio at mine and my husband's first home in Ohio. Then like today our jobs went away and so did we. Now I live in Florida and I miss my peonies so much sometimes it makes me shed a tear or two. Along with my peonies, I had a huge lilac bush that bloomed every year with the most beautiful lavender colored lilacs with a fragrance that filled the neighborhood.

I am going to find a way to grow both peonies and lilacs here in South Florida. I have lived here 26 years and still shed tears for my peonies and lilacs. There has to be a way for them to grow here and I will find it.

They are the most beautiful of flowers and want to add them to the beauty of my rose garden.

I'm sure there are many more people in South Florida who remember and miss the peonies and the lilacs. Crepe Myrtles just aren't lilacs.
andriabj
cathy4
St. Louis County, MO
(Zone 5a)

September 7, 2009
3:00 PM

Post #7035856

andriabj, good luck finding a way to grow them, perhaps the florida group can help?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Peony With a Past Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sweet Peony Sentiment debnes_dfw_tx 10 Apr 3, 2014 6:20 AM
peony plants vandyke26 6 Sep 7, 2009 4:49 PM
Keep up the tradition fiddletownsmith 1 Sep 8, 2009 3:52 AM
Another Ohio girl Virgi34v 0 Sep 9, 2009 1:10 AM
Your article on Bluebird Trail Sunnyasalark 0 Mar 10, 2010 4:14 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America