Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Calanthe - Hardy Orchids for the Woodland Garden: Todd Boland's Orchids

Communities > Forums > Article: Calanthe - Hardy Orchids for the Woodland Garden
bookmark
Forum: Article: Calanthe - Hardy Orchids for the Woodland GardenReplies: 3, Views: 38
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
arbs
Boalsburg, PA

September 7, 2009
1:15 PM

Post #7035518

Wonderful fascinating article on hardier orchids. What sources offer them for sale?

Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

September 7, 2009
9:13 PM

Post #7037403

I am only familiar with Canadian sources which is Fraser thimble Farms in BC...I think they ship to the US.
rcn48
Lexington, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 24, 2009
8:34 AM

Post #7098675

arbs, Asiatica in PA sells them :) http://www.asiaticanursery.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/plants.viewCategory/catID/75/index.htm

Todd, wonderful article! We've had Calanthe discolor in the gardens for about 5 years. They're thriving and have formed a nice colony. Your article has sparked my interest in them and I may just have to try a few of the questionably hardy ones (for us) and "test" them :)
misterc53
Saint Joseph, MO

November 7, 2009
7:09 PM

Post #7250761

I cannot grow these indoors, maybe I could outdoors! Hmmnnn.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Calanthe - Hardy Orchids for the Woodland Garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great phicks 0 Sep 5, 2009 4:45 PM
Fascinating! I want some.......... Yuska 1 Sep 5, 2009 8:46 PM
Todd BolandsOrchids picklep 2 Sep 7, 2009 9:16 PM
Wonderful Article! Petalpants 1 Sep 17, 2010 10:24 AM
So Sad-not here CLScott 1 Aug 11, 2012 6:20 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America