Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: How to Grow Penstemon (Beardtongue): Mildly invasive(?)

Communities > Forums > Article: How to Grow Penstemon (Beardtongue)
bookmark
Forum: Article: How to Grow Penstemon (Beardtongue)Replies: 1, Views: 47
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
nford
Hot Springs Village, AR
(Zone 7b)

September 7, 2009
3:34 PM

Post #7036059

We have Penstemon Digitalis put in by a landscaper 10 years ago. It has spread all around our yard. It is easy enough to pull up, but it flowers so nicely (and well above most of our other flowers) and stays at the edges of beds, so we just leave it.

Thumbnail by nford
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Liquidambar2
Mount Vernon, KY

September 7, 2009
5:02 PM

Post #7036466

Where I lived before they were mildly invasive, but I liked them. Where I am living now, it is not al all invasive, as a matter of fact I am worried it is not going to reproduce. I think I have the same plant for three years now and not one new one!? Oh, well it will do what it will do and I will not worry about it. I do like them though. Esp the dark red leaved ones with white flowers --- Really sharp lookin'!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: How to Grow Penstemon (Beardtongue) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Chinese Dogwood lailani 2 Sep 7, 2009 6:15 PM
Cornus kousa 'Chinenses' clay3 0 Apr 17, 2008 12:46 AM
For More Information About Penstemons PentLady 3 Sep 8, 2009 9:00 PM
nice article onewish1 1 Sep 7, 2009 1:16 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America