Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

International Trading: Salvia seed....

Communities > Forums > International Trading
bookmark
Forum: International TradingReplies: 4, Views: 85
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
andymaycen
Keaau, HI

September 7, 2009
9:45 PM

Post #7037503

Hi,
I just moved to the tropics and am in search of tropical species of Salvia to grow from seed.

Thanks, Andy
annette68
Townsville
Australia
(Zone 10a)

September 15, 2009
2:04 AM

Post #7065173

A lot of salvias love the tropics and adapt, I also live smack in the middle of the tropics, what r u chasing, i have seeds of fluviatalis,caymanensis,madrensis,subrotunda, coccineas in all shades, and lots of others, lmk.

Annette
andymaycen
Keaau, HI

September 15, 2009
7:31 PM

Post #7067617

Hi Annette,
Thanks for your email...I am chasing pretty much anything that is showy...sorry to be so vague. I am in new territory here as I am pretty unfamiliar with this climate...80 to 85 F everyday with about 80 to 100 inches of rain a year. If I lived in a perfect world I would love to get gravida and dombeyi. May have to get cuttings on those two from the mainland US.
Thanks Andy
andymaycen
Keaau, HI

September 15, 2009
7:44 PM

Post #7067667

OOOPS...I guess it would help if I told you what I already have seed of...'Yvonne', 'Tequila', karwinskii, and 'Tall Peach'. I have seen leucantha and guaranitica 'Black and Blue' in the nurseries over here. Thanks again!!
annette68
Townsville
Australia
(Zone 10a)

September 15, 2009
10:05 PM

Post #7068139

I have seed of the macrophylla x sagittata (some come true and others throw different colours),I have 'Helen Dillon' which is more purpley and grows to 6ft tall and a few others send me your addie and I will send some various seeds to play with. I think I have some iodantha seed collected as well...

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other International Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
CLOSED: Who can I trade seeds with? singleyellowros 23 Feb 11, 2008 3:12 PM
CLOSED: Looking for Japanese Morning glory seeds and Japanese iris gloriag 2 Jun 7, 2008 6:05 PM
Palm seeds for trade gcolbert28303 5 May 5, 2008 12:57 AM
Salvia Seeds for Salvia Seeds:) annette68 6 Oct 30, 2007 4:01 AM
Ipomoea batatas B1ZZYL1ZZY 19 May 18, 2007 9:00 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America