Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Profusion zinnia seeds?

Brownstown, IN(Zone 5b)

I've been trying to decide if it i worthwhile to save my Profusion seeds. I'm confused on checking plantfiles as in one place it says reseeds prolifically and down below the seed collecting info says N/A does not set seed, does not come true from seed etc... I do know I had one volunteer seedling last year and it did come true from seed. Guess my problem is I rely heavily on this wonderful flower and don't want to keep seed and have them not produce. The seed I purchase are ex-pensive as you all know. What are your thoughts and experiences on these seeds.
Also I'm wondering if color makes a difference as to saved seeds germinating.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Save 'em! None of mine reseeded, I do occasionally see the errant Zinnia seedling volunteer from last year, but not often, and never from a Profusion (yet). The Profusion series is great for coming true from saved seed. I'm growing Coral and Orange Profusion this year from the Piggy Swap (saved seeds), I love them!

Brownstown, IN(Zone 5b)

Great! I'll start. I have coral, apricot and white.
Thanks Neal

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.