Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: Calanthe - Hardy Orchids for the Woodland Garden: Wonderful Article!

Communities > Forums > Article: Calanthe - Hardy Orchids for the Woodland Garden
bookmark
Forum: Article: Calanthe - Hardy Orchids for the Woodland GardenReplies: 1, Views: 19
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Petalpants
Corpus Christi, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 9, 2009
3:55 PM

Post #7044173

Todd, thanks for the information on Hardy Orchids. I have two orchids I've had for about 6 years or more--- I did have 4 plants, but our big puppy unpotted 2 of them, strewing them about the yard, torn to bits when I found them. One of them had bloomed every May for 8 years in a row! Needless to say, the other two I have moved to a safer area.
On Labor Day I went to our local Botanical Gardens and one of their features is an Orchid House, but there weren't hardly any orchids blooming now. The gardens just installed a Butterfly House, and even tho their shipment of butterflies isn't due for a few weeks, there was one lone bright-yellow butterfly flitting around in there enjoying all the flowers himself! =)
stella
Raleigh, NC
(Zone 7a)

September 17, 2010
10:24 AM

Post #8104230

This is a good article. Calanthe is one of my favorites. I also found an article about Calanthe (and other orchids) from the folks at Plant Delights Nursery. It is at (www.plantdelights.com/Catalog/Plants/Genus/Hardy-Terrestrial-Orchid)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Calanthe - Hardy Orchids for the Woodland Garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great phicks 0 Sep 5, 2009 4:45 PM
Fascinating! I want some.......... Yuska 1 Sep 5, 2009 8:46 PM
Todd Boland's Orchids arbs 3 Nov 7, 2009 7:09 PM
Todd BolandsOrchids picklep 2 Sep 7, 2009 9:16 PM
So Sad-not here CLScott 1 Aug 11, 2012 6:20 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America