Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Bluestars - Easy-to Grow Perennials: amsonia article

Communities > Forums > Article: Bluestars - Easy-to Grow Perennials
bookmark
Forum: Article: Bluestars - Easy-to Grow PerennialsReplies: 5, Views: 37
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
lisaaj
Columbus, OH

September 9, 2009
4:17 PM

Post #7044262

Thanks for the great article and pictures! I have been interested in putting bluestars in my garden for some time now, and there is not as much information out there on them as on other perennials. Particularly liked the photos!
vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 9, 2009
4:43 PM

Post #7044371

I planted 6 a. hubrichtii this year and they're doing well. I so look forward to the yellow coloring in the fall. Mine are plantedd inground, bright shade.
vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 9, 2009
4:44 PM

Post #7044374

oops, forgot to say, many thanks for the nice, informative article.
Procrastinator
Havelock
Canada

September 10, 2009
2:40 AM

Post #7046170

Wow. Colour me Stoopid. I have never heard of this plant or ever seen one for that matter. Perhaps it is because I live in Canada but I suspect it is more likely that I just haven't experienced it because I live in a small, rather rural village with a population of 1,300 people. My garden is one of the biggest in the village.

Thanks for the great article and the useful knowledge I gleaned from the diversity of so many kinds of amsonias. I am going to bookmark this article and add it to the knowledge I keep accumulating from DG. I think it would fit right in with my English Cottage Garden. Thanks again.

Elaine and Otis
can2grow
Valparaiso, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 10, 2009
12:26 PM

Post #7046983

Everybody,
You're welcome. It was fun writing about one of my favorite plants.
Marie
http://www.mariesgarden.com
hymenocallis
Auburn, AL
(Zone 8a)

September 16, 2009
2:04 PM

Post #7070083

I too share your love of Amsonia. Here in Alabama we have several species but it's just by serendipity that I finally found a good place to plant my latest acquisition (A. tabernamontana). I told my wife I wanted to see this one grow so I planted it by by carport and it has rewarded me with about 25 stems flowering this year. Not my first one but by far my best one.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Bluestars - Easy-to Grow Perennials Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
help bertj 0 Sep 20, 2009 8:15 PM
amsonia tfl325 1 Jun 30, 2010 5:53 PM
Amsonia 'Blue Ice' echinaceamaniac 5 Oct 13, 2012 6:26 PM
deer resistant plants sunsetgarden 0 Apr 30, 2012 8:38 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America