Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move!: Good article!

Communities > Forums > Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move!Replies: 3, Views: 36
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tommyr2006
Poughkeepsie, NY

September 13, 2009
2:15 PM

Post #7058618

I really love seeing the ruby throats every year! I see females the most and an occasional male and young. They LOVE my Bee balm too!

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

September 13, 2009
5:39 PM

Post #7059277

Good to hear! I have two kinds growing here, hope to see them enjoy it. The funny thing about my fall visitors is that each one is different. Sometimes they go after every single flower in the garden, then I'll find one that wants the feeder only.

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

September 13, 2009
7:07 PM

Post #7059508

Great article, layout and photos :-) We're still enjoying our hummingbirds and always miss them when they leave. In fact, I better go out now and refill the feeders with some fresh nectar!

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

September 13, 2009
9:40 PM

Post #7060064

Thanks! Gotta love the little buggers!!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
hummingbirds Jiny 17 Sep 14, 2009 3:20 PM
Mystery solved! Rowan_linnea 1 Sep 13, 2009 5:38 PM
Rubythroated Hummingbirds txaggiegal 1 Sep 13, 2009 9:40 PM
Great article! pelletory 5 Sep 14, 2009 3:18 PM
Wonderful list of hummer-friendly plants CapeCodGardener 5 Sep 17, 2009 12:25 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America