Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move!: Mystery solved!

Communities > Forums > Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move!Replies: 1, Views: 50
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Rowan_linnea
Isle, MN
(Zone 3b)

September 13, 2009
2:40 PM

Post #7058696

About 15 years ago, my mother had an encounter with "Henry the Hanging Hummer"-- A hummingbird who was hanging upside-down from an electrical wire in her porch.
My parents watched "Henry" for several days, wondering if he was alive or dead.
One day, Henry had disappeared.
They remained mystified by this hummingbird, and the story of Henry the Hanging Hummer" was a regular story in their list of hummingbird tales to tell to visitors to their deep-woods of Minnesota home.

This morning, after I read this article, I had to call my mom and tell her about torpor.

Mom: "Wait long enough, and every mystery is solved!"

Great article! Thank you!

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

September 13, 2009
5:38 PM

Post #7059267

HA! That's great. Glad Henry's mystery is solved.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
hummingbirds Jiny 17 Sep 14, 2009 3:20 PM
Good article! tommyr2006 3 Sep 13, 2009 9:40 PM
Rubythroated Hummingbirds txaggiegal 1 Sep 13, 2009 9:40 PM
Great article! pelletory 5 Sep 14, 2009 3:18 PM
Wonderful list of hummer-friendly plants CapeCodGardener 5 Sep 17, 2009 12:25 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America