Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Umeboshi 梅の実 Plum: just a note to say thanks

Communities > Forums > Article: Umeboshi 梅の実 Plum
bookmark
Forum: Article: Umeboshi 梅の実 PlumReplies: 2, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gardenhippie
Stroudsburg, PA

September 14, 2009
11:55 AM

Post #7062156

Thanks for writing about something I use but knew nothing about. By fluke I came across the vinegar in our local health food store in the POCONOS... just where you talked about skiing. I use it as an alternative to salt or soy and it imparts it own flavor for sure. I also use the plums for making the Onigiri. Bringing this information to light was a day maker for me. I appreciate you offering not only the plant information for both the plum tree but also the perilla and the food end of it, your information was a complete circle. Thanks !!

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2009
12:38 PM

Post #7062257

You're quite welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I enjoyed learning about Umeboshi too, as I did the research. The P.mume plum trees must be beautiful to see in person, especially when in full bloom. Apparently they have fragrance too, unlike other plum tree blossoms.

Happy & Healthy Gardening,
~Diana
stellamarina
Laie, HI

September 16, 2009
10:01 AM

Post #7069597

Thanks for the very informative article. Ume are used quite often in rice balls here in Hawaii but it was so nice to learn more about them as usually the ume is bought in a jar in the store and we do not know the back ground of the food.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Umeboshi 梅の実 Plum Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
New to me... Sundownr 2 Sep 16, 2009 3:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America