Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move!: Ruby Throated Hummingbirds

Communities > Forums > Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move!Replies: 1, Views: 31
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
GardenDetectives
Saint Peters, MO

September 14, 2009
12:40 PM

Post #7062268

Yes, Yes the hummers are here in my midwest garden! Thanks for the great article. Check out my favorite attractors: Iochroma cyaneum 'Purple Queen', Cuphea 'David Verity', Candy Corn Vine Maniettia inflata, Salvia 'Faye Chapel, and black and blue salvia. Here is more information I have to share on gardening for hummingbirds...enjoy!
http://gardendetectives.farming.officelive.com/hummingbirdgarden.aspx

Thumbnail by GardenDetectives
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

September 14, 2009
1:38 PM

Post #7062468

Oooo thanks!

I planted a candy corn vine but it did not bloom much this year. I think I put it in too much shade. Definitely going to try the David Verity next year.

Favorites right now seem to be the Tithonia 'Torch', Agastache 'Desert Sunrise', Zinnias and Salvia coccinea 'Lady in Red'. I've also seen them show an interest in the obedient plant, coleus and sweet pea vine.

Boy, I can't wait until the dya they are here all summer!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
hummingbirds Jiny 17 Sep 14, 2009 3:20 PM
Good article! tommyr2006 3 Sep 13, 2009 9:40 PM
Mystery solved! Rowan_linnea 1 Sep 13, 2009 5:38 PM
Rubythroated Hummingbirds txaggiegal 1 Sep 13, 2009 9:40 PM
Great article! pelletory 5 Sep 14, 2009 3:18 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America