Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move!: black&white queen of home and garden

Communities > Forums > Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move!Replies: 4, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cribwinner27
Saint Paul, MN

September 14, 2009
1:49 PM

Post #7062504

Loved your article and the pics of plants to attract hummers. I was just up north in Duluth Minnesota and had a hummer come up to the pink phlox next to the porch. I couldn't believe my luck!

But i saw your kitty and thought of my own Gigi. And she too runs my household. Thank you for sharing, donna

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

September 14, 2009
1:54 PM

Post #7062530

Thanks Donna! I find phlox a really good plant to have around. Butterflies love them and the hummingbirds too. And they have a long bloom time. Mine got pretty bad mildew this year because of the rainy weather.

Oh, Max is for sure the boss around here! Here he is as king of the fridge!

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Click the image for an enlarged view.

cribwinner27
Saint Paul, MN

February 9, 2010
11:51 AM

Post #7544104

Hi Mrs. Ed and Max,

I just now saw your reply to me! He's a real beauty. Gigi and I are going for another visit to Duluth at the end of the week. I just love it up there. I am going on a Caribbean cruise in March and one of the day trips we are taking is to a butterfly garden in St. Thomas. If I could figure out how to upload photos to here I would love to share a afew. Take good care, Donna

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2010
6:32 PM

Post #7548259

Hi Donna. Well half the battle is getting the pix off the camera and onto the computer. if you can do that, then the rest is easy.

cribwinner27
Saint Paul, MN

February 22, 2010
9:16 PM

Post #7579725

Hi ,

Thank you so much for that assurance, it'll keep me from procrastinating lol lol. And I know for sure that I don't have a current need. I know where to get help when the time is right.

You will get a laugh out of this one!!!!! I returned home from a lovely and relaxing week up north , alone. I went up there with Mademoiselle Gigi me little furface. I tell people who ask me how she's doing that she is on probation up north. Which is true, it describes why she is there. She decided to be very naughty and refuse to make herself available by the time we had to go. My friend had a birthday party she needed to get to in another part of my town.

I miss her terribly but know that she needs to know how far she gets to go with me and anyone she stays with, So it's for her own good. lolol

My friend actually can benefit from having her there with her and the dog without my presence. The cat and dog get along very well at this point.

I am getting ready to go on my first cruise on March 5 and I need to do certain things in order to get ready. Gigi would be her same sweet self and get underfoot lolol. So everybody, including the dog will get their needs met within 2 weeks. Missions accomplished. Have a lovely day!!!!!!! Donna

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
hummingbirds Jiny 17 Sep 14, 2009 3:20 PM
Good article! tommyr2006 3 Sep 13, 2009 9:40 PM
Mystery solved! Rowan_linnea 1 Sep 13, 2009 5:38 PM
Rubythroated Hummingbirds txaggiegal 1 Sep 13, 2009 9:40 PM
Great article! pelletory 5 Sep 14, 2009 3:18 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America