Photo by Melody

Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move!: ruby throated hummingbirds

Communities > Forums > Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move!Replies: 1, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
roseb2c
Covington, LA

September 15, 2009
1:21 AM

Post #7064988

Ah, it's September and we now have 30 to 40 hummers at our feeders here in Covington, LA. It's a sight to behold. When my children and grandchildren come for a visit all they do is sit in my breakfast nook and watch the hummers ALL DAY LONG!!! They live in Metairie, on the southshore, and hardly ever see a hummer since Hurricane Katrina hit and messed up the ecology. It's sad, but they love to come over here and are totally fascinated by the birds.. I really hate to see those beautiful birds leave, they are a joy to watch even though they fight like villains!! Hope many of you up north still have them. When they leave it's like losing a friend after he returns home. So enjoy them while you can.

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

September 15, 2009
1:41 AM

Post #7065061

AWw, thanks for posting that. It's a very sweet image of your grandkids.

Well there's at least one up here still, I'll send it your way! ;)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Ruby-throated Hummingbirds Are on the Move! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
hummingbirds Jiny 17 Sep 14, 2009 3:20 PM
Good article! tommyr2006 3 Sep 13, 2009 9:40 PM
Mystery solved! Rowan_linnea 1 Sep 13, 2009 5:38 PM
Rubythroated Hummingbirds txaggiegal 1 Sep 13, 2009 9:40 PM
Great article! pelletory 5 Sep 14, 2009 3:18 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America