2009 KYRU (Sept 19-20)

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

The 2009 Kentucky Roundup is September 19-20 at Prizer Point Marina in Cadiz, KY.

I'm just putting a placeholder here for everyones' photos. Howie and I arrived Saturday the 12th and are staying through next Monday morning. We'll get to see all the DG folks as they trickle in. :) In the meantime, we're enjoying some R&R. Looks like we may see some rain, but the pop-up camper my folks loaned us has AC and we will just read, play games, and surf DG and the web as long as the wi-fi signal holds out! :)

We took our new pup Stella swimming a few times. She loves it! Here she is in Lake Barclay. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93CQha9Zx9E

Here's our official camp mascot, Goldie. ;)

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Here's a video of our camp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYw-ZfDgsh4

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Bernie's Breakfast Club

You all missed a wonderful breakfast. Starting at the right front of the table you have Doug(postmandoug), Kimberley(Gardenwife), Jo(roadrunner), Cheryl(Doug's Wife), Bernie(CountryGardens) and Bertha(Bernie's wife).

This message was edited Sep 18, 2009 11:18 AM

Thumbnail by Howie
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Here's the group shot! A lot went into this shot, and I think I'm still recovering from it. LOL! More about that in subsequent posts...

I will come back and edit this post so people are named for everyone. Umm, especially the birdwatcher in the back row. *cough*Lisa*cough*

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Great pics, I think I know everybody but the tykes in the front right, the guy in the red shirt and the gray haired lady. How many total for this year?

Gosh, I missed you guys, but have to say, I have had a fun weekend with kooger and meezerfive visiting with me. They arrived on Thursday night, and we have had a ball. They are leaving early in the morning heading north, and will hate to see them go.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures!!

Calvert City, KY(Zone 7a)

Ahhhhhh, what a great time we had. Sorry that some were missing, we sure did miss you!

Here are a few shots....
Elena

Thumbnail by Sharran

Another...

Elena and Roadrunner...

Thumbnail by Sharran

More

Lisa and her sweet rescue puppy that has no front legs...beautiful dog, beautiful lady, too.

Thumbnail by Sharran

Another

Men and their toys...
Keith (Melody), Albert (Elena) and Jesse (Lisa)

Thumbnail by Sharran

Me getting ready for the talent show....

Thumbnail by Sharran

And the best talent top dollar could provide....

Thumbnail by Sharran

Keith and Albert on guitar, and Lisa on the washboard...

Top dollar, I tell you!

Thumbnail by Sharran

Back when I was 12 and Keith and Mel were 18, I was their teacher....

Here's Keith, just after we had presented some awards...
Handsomest young man I ever taught!

Thumbnail by Sharran

More talent

Elena, Albert, Keith, and Merle Haggard (aka Postmandug)....

Thumbnail by Sharran

Hippie Jo again

Thumbnail by Sharran

My favorite cuz from Bardstown...Doug

Thumbnail by Sharran

And his lovely wife Cheryl...
As beautiful inside as she is outside.

Wonder how Doug managed to grab her?

Thumbnail by Sharran

Gardenwife and Stella

Thumbnail by Sharran

Food time....

Bernie and Bertha in this one (Country Gardens)...and oh my goodness can they provide the delicious eats!

Thumbnail by Sharran

Gardenwife and Howie

Thumbnail by Sharran

Muddymitts from Boaz, KY, and Janet (wife of KYGregg) from Hopkinsville.

Thumbnail by Sharran

Melody helping Muddymitts (Mary Ann) down the slope...notice our craft project hanging on the rail to dry...

Thumbnail by Sharran

This is probably one of the most peaceful settings in our lovely state.....we always have a great time, even in the rain. This weekend was no exception.

Thanks Melody for all your hard work, and Elena for organizing everything, Jo for providing so many smiles and so much 'precious' talent, Keith and Albert for leading the music sessions, Bernie for such delicious food from your gardens...Kimberly for all the photos that will soon follow...Gary for the unusual plants....and to my friends Doug and Cheryl for such fun. And to all the others that I might not have mentioned, thank you for just being you. It is always such a pleasure to be with you.

Iris (Dana) you have a beautiful bunch of boys....and YoYo..(Virginia) you are a sweetheart.
Thank you all...I had a wonderful time.

And Bertha, I should have brought those stuffed tomatoes home with me.

Melody, thanks for adding all the great photos on my camera.

This is the view from our condo....g'nite, folks.

Thumbnail by Sharran
Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Ahhh, what great pics! And a great bunch of folks, too!

Thanks for posting, Sharon. (My you sure were up late!)

Shoe

Kannapolis, NC

Sharon: Thanks for posting all the pics of the RU. I hate I missed this one, but next year I'll be there for sure. Looks like everyone had such a grand time and the setting is so serene. Love it.

Hugs,

Angie

Shoe...I was so wound up I couldn't get to sleep. Missed you, but you just have to know you were talked about.

And Angie....yes, you'll be here if I have to drag you all the way.
It was great fun being with everybody again.

There's nothing like a KY RU, that's for sure!

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

I came in to check for more posted pics but I imagine more won't float in 'til people get home from today's journey. Will be watching for them!

Funny thing is, all the folks I recognize sure haven't aged a day since I last saw pics of them or saw them in person. I told ya that Prizer's Point place was magical!

Shoe
(Uh, Lisa...how's that biped puppy go to the bathroom? Just curious.)

Shoe, you should see that baby dog walking around on her two hind legs.
I think she manages quite well...though Lisa will have to fill you in on that particular question....:)

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

...do you know that is the first question everybody asks?? Everyone wants to know the potty particulars. So, it is like this: for #1 she just kinda lays down and nothing gets on her, it is a talent. For #2..well, the best way I can sum it up: she wobbles around like a drunk old man and "it" happens. That is about the best picture I can paint ;0).

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL! Clear enough.

I've seen dogs w/ rear end trauma on wheeled carts.
Would that work for her?

Great Shots everyone!!!
Ric

Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Wow, great pictures, sorry I missed it this year, but so good to see everyone again! Just one question - in the photo of Jo and Elena, were they mugging for the camera, or fighting over the chocolate? If the second, who won? ;-)

Love,

Bonnie

Crossville, TN

LOL Since I l left with Elena and Al...and there was still chocolates on the..table when we left ...I'd say everyone won!!! Jo

Bardstown, KY(Zone 6a)

Yes Bonnie, believe it or not I actually brought fudge home! Not much else though. We had a great time and Cheryl really enjoyed herself. I can't believe I didn't get my camera out one time...

Doug

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Janet and roadrunner

Thumbnail by Elena
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Howie enjoying the antics of the children.

Thumbnail by Elena
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Dana (Iris28) and her youngest child. Her 3 children were precious.

This message was edited Sep 20, 2009 4:09 PM

Thumbnail by Elena
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Blessing the food....

Thumbnail by Elena

Elena, that is Dana (Iris28), MsRobin was unable to attend.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Time to eat...

Thumbnail by Elena
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Take only as much as your stomach will hold, as my mother used to tell us. LOL

Thumbnail by Elena

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images