Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Ornamental Gourds: Gourds dying on the vine

Communities > Forums > Ornamental Gourds
bookmark
Forum: Ornamental GourdsReplies: 3, Views: 57
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Imagesoart
Los Gatos, CA

September 15, 2009
9:17 PM

Post #7067967

I have a Hydroponic fountain. I planted a couple of gourd plants in this fountain just to see what would happen... The plant is huge! I have a lot of gourds starting. I use a good grow food. Now some of the tiny gourds are dying from the bottom up. They are only about an inch long. I don't want to lose my gourds.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Oh, the plant is in a greenhouse, and I don't see any insects. In fact the plant is so huge, I named it Audrey two. ( After the man eating plant in the play Little Shop of Horrors!)

Syrumani
Whitsett, NC
(Zone 8a)

September 15, 2009
9:24 PM

Post #7067989

That sounds like a problem I had last year. Do you know what kind of gourd vine it is?
Imagesoart
Los Gatos, CA

September 16, 2009
6:01 AM

Post #7069463

Bird house gourds, I think!
roadrunner
Hereford, AZ
(Zone 8a)

September 21, 2009
12:29 AM

Post #7085750

If they are very small I would guess lack of polination...it hapened to mine last year...try somehand polination. Jo

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Ornamental Gourds Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Gourd planter (Part 2) Snake Gourd dave 23 Nov 24, 2009 7:32 PM
Mystery gourd Pala 24 Oct 11, 2008 11:52 PM
My Itsie-Bitsie Luffa Ball plant Morph 28 Mar 8, 2008 11:16 PM
Gourdaholic- looking for seeds from Large Gourd from Nigeria Gourd 35 Apr 6, 2009 4:35 PM
Cattle Guards used as arbors/tunnels (has anyone used them) Gourd 21 May 15, 2007 3:37 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America