Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Umeboshi 梅の実 Plum: New to me...

Communities > Forums > Article: Umeboshi 梅の実 Plum
bookmark
Forum: Article: Umeboshi 梅の実 PlumReplies: 2, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 16, 2009
11:12 AM

Post #7069658

Diana,
I had never heard of umeboshi until reading this article.
Thanks for enlightening me once again.
Bev

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

September 16, 2009
12:18 PM

Post #7069758

Hi Bev,

Thanks for reading and posting a comment. You are not alone, I'm sure. Most Americans are probably unfamiliar with Umeboshi plums and their products, especially since the plums are not seen in U.S. mainstream markets. They are part of the fruit landscape in Japan though. If we only had more yard, I would try growing the tree here in South Jersey.

Also, just fyi, I just heard from a woman in Tokyo who writes a blog called 'Blue Lotus'. She has a lot of great photos of life in Tokyo and Japanese foods, including the Umeboshi plums, Umeshu liqueur and Ume Jam. I'm going to add her links to the bottom of the article now, if you want to check her site out.

Happy & Healthy Gardening,
~Diana

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

September 16, 2009
3:15 PM

Post #7070273

I'll be sure to check the links, thanks for the info!
Bev

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Umeboshi 梅の実 Plum Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
just a note to say thanks gardenhippie 2 Sep 16, 2009 10:01 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America