Billy's third Fair Class

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

For those of you who know Billy and My story, I thought I would share some pictures of our 3rd year of the county fair. I hurt so bad that day, and I had gotten three size bigger than what I wear Wranglers just to be there in the ring for him. I also borrowed a bomb proof horse that would not cause any grief and I would not have to work out before the show for him to ride. Although it is just a lead class, it means the world to him. He loves his trophy and his ribbon. Now he is in California cause my surgery is scheduled for next week. But he will be back in three weeks to help me with all his critters... I hope I will be back to my normal self when he returns... I will post more tomorrow, but for tonight, this should do.

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Yep those are real turkey feathers from his turkeys in our hats... oh these pictures dont show them but the ones I add tomorrow will...

This message was edited Sep 16, 2009 8:57 PM

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Richmond, TX

You and Billy are quite a partnership! He' a lucky little cowboy.

(The matching outfits look great - good choice, Billy!)

South Hamilton, MA

I see that the white hat=the good guy. Wonderful pictures.

Medina, OH

MissJestr-I wish you good luck and Godspeed with your surgery. Had a little "repair" work myself, just one month ago. Am doing great now, and I wish you the same outcome. Would that we were neighbors, would be so happy to help out. Take care. Susan

South Hamilton, MA

Good luck with your surgery--sometimes thinking about it is worse than the actual performance.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Thank you all, I am hoping the recovery time is short..

Here is a picture you all might enjoy.. and Yep I make him carry his own saddle... He has to learn sometime..

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Great pics. Looks like you had a fun day. That is a beautiful horse.

South Hamilton, MA

Is that the saddle which he won?

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Nope that is a saddle someone borrowed to us that he fits in. The saddle he won is still a tad bit big for him..This one is about 14 years old, and we will use it for this years gymkana series. Looking into getting him a 20 year old pony that is really kid friendly...

South Hamilton, MA

Good luck with finding a kid friendly pony--they are worth a great deal. Kid are the future horsemen & women. Glad that you could borrow a good saddle, I see that he is near fitting the stirrups.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

A friend actually owns this pony, her daughter started out on her, and she borrowed her out to another girl to start out on. Now the girl has graduated to a bigger horse, and now they wish to pass her on to Billy... Yep he is a future Cowboy, I am glad to be giving him that chance...

South Hamilton, MA

Glad that you have this source for a pony. Ponies do get outgrown & the owners must be attached to him to keep him (?) and loan him out to reliable people. I'm sure that Billy will get a great deal of enjoyment out of riding.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

I have seen the pony in action, and for a lead class she does good. She fly's when she is not on the lead line, so letting Billy ride by himself right now is not an option, as he loves to fly and I can not get him to hold on... She is really gentle though....

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

MsJestr, I didn't know about your surgery till now. I do hope all is well and will be sending thoughts and prayers to you for a rapid recovery.
I love the pics you have of Billy.. they are absolutely darling! I also love the things you do for that boy..
Bless you dear.

Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

Absolutely adorable!! Prayers for successful surgery and fast healing!!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

It is scheduled for today, and hopefully I will be home tomorrow and be riding again in a few weeks...

South Hamilton, MA

Good luck & wishes for a quick recovery.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

here are some more pictures that were taken.

This is a good friend Amy who owns Sweety the horse we borrowed.

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Me and my boy getting ready

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

This is one of my favorites, showing the love between us

Edited to say..
EWWWW I just noticed the dirt all over my face, it was really dusty that morning.... Oh well we had fun, and whats a little dirt..

This message was edited Sep 27, 2009 9:51 AM

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

I am doing much better, started feeding the horses this morning, a flake at a time.. Takes a while, but I did it. I was feeding my feathered friends yesterday. Still cant clean the duck pond it is too heavy to tip/ Doc says I can lift up to 10 pounds. I am bored out of my mind. Billy comes home on the 5th, I cant wait...

South Hamilton, MA

Glad that you are feeling so well. Let the ducks do their own pond. Lucy

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

tomorrow I will get a pot and drain it (or at least try to) I hate them being in dirty water... I am taking it easy, I sit on the porch alot and stare at the horses and the arena...

Richmond, TX

You and Billy are quite a pair. I'm sure you'll recover much faster once he's back.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Glad you are doing well.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

I made it to the rodeo one day,,sadly without my 3 yr old date, but I had fun anyway...

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

Great pics! I hope you get well sooN!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images