Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Harvest Home: The Autumnal Equinox: And now we dance!

Communities > Forums > Article: Harvest Home: The Autumnal Equinox
bookmark
Forum: Article: Harvest Home: The Autumnal EquinoxReplies: 4, Views: 28
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dahlianut
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

September 22, 2009
6:35 PM

Post #7092461

Thanks for another great article Lois. I really enjoy reading the history and the traditions. Some DG members recognize the equinoxes by dancing to celebrate the seasonal changes in our gardens. I am one of them :-)

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 22, 2009
11:19 PM

Post #7093447

Dahlia, you'll use any excuse to dance!
LTilton
Glen Ellyn, IL
(Zone 5b)

September 22, 2009
11:27 PM

Post #7093481

Some people do more than dance!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

September 22, 2009
11:38 PM

Post #7093517

Oh, Lois, I didn't mean to slight your lovely article nor to overlook the many ways people celebrate the seasons... It's just that I consider myself a friend D-nut's, and she does tend to burst out dancing with the slightest provocation. It's one of her charming habits!

Also, don't Rosh Hashonah, Yom Kippur and the High Holy Days of Judaism always fall in the autumn? Fasts and feasts - you can't have a feast without a harvest, right?
LTilton
Glen Ellyn, IL
(Zone 5b)

September 23, 2009
2:22 AM

Post #7094153

Well, feasts have to happen sometime, and most of them are fixed to the solar calendar (Islamic feasts a major exception) but Sukkot is explicitly a harvest feast.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Harvest Home: The Autumnal Equinox Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thanksgiving. irisMA 0 Sep 22, 2009 7:03 PM
Great Information! zhinusmom 0 Sep 23, 2009 3:06 AM
Modern day wiccans also celebrate chuff425 6 Oct 9, 2009 11:10 PM
Harvest Home? tufe 0 Sep 29, 2009 12:34 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America