Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Cooking: Delicious Sour Cream

Communities > Forums > Cooking
bookmark
Forum: CookingReplies: 2, Views: 129
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jomoncon
New Orleans, LA
(Zone 9a)

September 23, 2009
1:42 PM

Post #7095342

Yesterday, I was at the grocery, looking for sour cream for the quesadillas that were for dinner. There was a delightful elderly hispanic man next to me & he said to try this brand, that s was much, much better than the "American" brands.It was more expensive than the Daisy brand I normally get, almost $5, but I thought I'd give it a try. It does have a lot of additives, that may be a no-no for some people, but they are all plant-based.

This was delicious. It is very rich & dull bodied. Not watery at all. I've found my favorite sour cream!

New Orleans has had an influx of hispanic persons from all over who have assisted in rebuilding after the Katrina floods. The groceries are reflecting the tastes. And I'm having a wonderful time discovering new foods.
Jo-Ann

Thumbnail by jomoncon
Click the image for an enlarged view.

planolinda
Plano, TX

September 26, 2009
2:29 PM

Post #7106181

thanks for posting--i always buy whichever is on sale and will give this one a try instead--
Tir_Na_Nog
Houston
United States
(Zone 9b)

October 2, 2009
4:40 AM

Post #7125831

I buy the store brand but see the maker is in Houston :) so I best give them a go as well! Thanks for posting.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cooking Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cooking Questions Answered MistyMeadows 385 Dec 3, 2009 5:25 AM
Classic Cooking Answers`& Advice TwinLakesChef 8 Mar 9, 2010 4:23 PM
Memorable kitchen mishaps McCool 81 Jul 25, 2007 4:28 AM
Kraft Food's "Food & Family" magazine... WUVIE 20 Apr 2, 2009 3:09 PM
Wanted: No Fail Sponge Recipe leelovespigs 45 Dec 2, 2009 6:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America