Our annual end-of-summer contest is here, come on down to the Dave's Garden County Fair!

Is Jenks treading water?

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

We don't have TV hooked up right now so we are not getting much news. I have heard bits and pieces about rains and flooding in the south. Are all you guys and your critters okay?

South Hamilton, MA

Right, report in please if you can. Saw the water in Atlanta on TV, but not sure of your location. Best to all in the South, first drought, now flood. dreadful!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

The pics on the tv are sobering. Hope everyone is ok.

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

Sorry! I'm good! Thanks! I'm slammed! Pray it doesn't happen again this weekend as predicted.

- Ser has a new trainer - an arab sport horse trainer

- Cyn's knees aren't anywhere near fused, so he is getting prepped for starting

- Khaos has taught me to sit a buck and keep him from flipping over while rearing (hence my calling the trainer out who is chosing to work with Ser as well for the challenge) - OK this was once and a deer had spooked him, I had no contact (loose rein) and it took awhile to get him back, but when I did, he reared. Very interesting experience! But he hasn't done it again.

- and Lace? She's fat and sassy.

- Xena got out a month ago at about 9PM and was run over in our driveway. So....I just haven't been able to talk about it.

- FaFah/Mellow/Jello go bit by a snake, but he's all healed up now and I can't keep him inside

-Spike's suture from his ACL replacement is irritating him and causing swelling - he goes in for surgery Monday

And the floods? Not really affecting me - thank God - but I am so sorry for those who lost it all.

This message was edited Sep 25, 2009 9:39 AM

South Hamilton, MA

Jenks--everyone is relieved. Glad the floods are not near you. What a great tale of horse adventures! Rearing is scary even though it was because the horse was spooked (or because the horse was spooked). Good luck & carry on & thank you for letting us know.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Glad to hear you're ok. Sorry to hear about Xena. Trainer is a good idea, rearing isn't fun for any reason!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Buddy ran out from under me when a deer came up out of the tall grass beside the trail Not fun. I'd rather have one rearing than spinning. But going over is always a scary possibility. Glad it turned out well. Good to hear someone is working with Ser. They all like to have a job and it helps them. I don't recognize some of the other critters. Sorry about Xena. What kind of animal?

Xena was my daughter's Chihuahua. We did not supervise her well enough.

OMG. I have to send you the darn blankets! Do you still need them? They can go with the horses if you re-home them....

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

It would be great. Our new barn is not nearly as weathertight as the old one. I would really be able to use them. Sorry about the dog. It hurts to lose them.

OK - Same address?

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Different address. I updated the addy exchange. Thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images