Creative Concrete/ concrete sculptures - part 2

Jacksonville, FL

The other thread was getting quite lengthy, so I have a brand new thread to continue on. We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1024916/

Enjoy and add your comments.

I was able to visit today and met Jean (Qwilter) and saw the bench first hand! It is truly an a beautiful piece with Lori's intricate handiwork. It was great meeting you today Jean and seeing Lori and Billi again. Hopefully will be there with sign tomorrow!

Linda

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

I had a very nice visit with Lori & Linda. So nice to put faces with names. And Lori does really BEAUTIFUL work. I wish I had some of her talent - and a BIGGER yard!!!!
Lori, let me know if I need to send you a pic of the colored Army seal.

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Thanks for the new thread, I surely don't want to miss any of Lori's great work.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Glad you made it Jean. I've been following this thread forever!!!!

And I will keep on following it. I don't want to miss any of Lori's great work.

I'm looking forward to getting the finished pieces in my FL garden.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Jean,

It was very nice meeting you! I also enjoy meeting other D.G. members & being able to put a face to the name.

As far as the Army Seal---will check the internet before I start painting it, if I can't find one, will let you know.

To All:

Sorry---didn't realise that the other thread was getting too long for some of you to open it.
Linda, Thanks for bumping it over!

Have some new pictures for you guys.

Started & finished one of the turtle benches yesterday & started & finished 'The Huntress' today. Still working on the Victorian bench, but am almost done with the top of it & should be starting on the legs tommorrow.
Also have some new-unpainted items to show.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

The Huntress.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

This one is too cute!

A butler monkey.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Last picture for tonight. New fountain we just got in & already have one, maybe two of them to paint.

Computers acting wonky & it's getting late---will post more new pictures tommorrow.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

This is the new fountain that another concrete place in St. Augustine thought they had an exclusive on.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Think this little girl is adorable!

Last picture tonight as there must be too many people online---computer running a little too slow.

Will post more tomorrow.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

She is so cute. I noticed a statue in that last picture of St. Jude, one of my favorites. I hope you will be painting him too.

Samigal,

Since I'm not catholic & not all that familiar with all of the saints, I am guessing St. Jude would be the one to the right behind the little girl? It's the only one I can see clearly in the picture.

Unfortunately, I don't have any time right now to do any display pieces & looks like it will be some time before I can.
Sat down Saturday evening & took count of how many pieces I have to paint that have already been ordered---over 20 & most everyone of them are very large.

Am starting on the large Jesus & the buck deer jumping the fence tommorrow morning. Am re-posting the pictures of both. Am going to go in at some point today to put the finishing touches on the Victorian bench, as I kept having a lot of distractions on Saturday (more painting), & was unable to complete it as planned.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Buck Deer

Thumbnail by Camillia84

more pictures of new things.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Sorry, the last one came out a little blurry!

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Have a lot more things I need to get pictures of but as yet are still packed up.

Our guy that makes these is now going into business with another guy in Indiana--our guy will no-longer be making them, but picking them up & delivering. He is in the process of clearing out his lot, which means we are going to have to compact what we already have so all of the new will fit in the yard. Getting two truck loads a week now & looks like when it's all said & done, we are going to have a huge sale.

Will keep you posted.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

The turtle bench is soooo cute! Thanks for sharing pictures with us. You are so incredibly talented - I hope you're getting paid accordingly!

Camillia, yes the statue of St. Jude is to the right of that cute little girl. I know you are so busy these days and we all do appreciate all the pictures you post for us. I noticed the statue because you don't see too many of him around.

Know it's late, hubby decided to stay up later than usual, but wanted to post the new pictures tonight.

The Victorian Bench was done yesterday, but waited on Billi to set it up in the yard so I could get pics of it in the sun. Will also get pics when it is set up under the stained glass window.

Also, pics of the lions that I just did---are going inside of a church---hence the gold in thier manes.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Billi didn't get the legs set up the way they are suppossed to be, but since it has to be moved again---not a big deal!

Back view.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

The Lions.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Don't usually pride myself on anything I do---but since God gave me the talent to do what I do---I'm proud to know that these are going in God's House!!!

This message was edited Sep 30, 2009 10:43 PM

Thumbnail by Camillia84

The bench is so wonderful and I lOVE the lions. Look likes I don't want to get close or they might take a bite out of me. A talent like yours should be shown to everyone that comes along, and of course that includes us DGers. Talent comes in all forms, so they tell me, still looking for mine.

I too, love the bench & am thinking of putting one in our yard---not anytime soon though---still have to paint them, even if they are here or at the shop!!! Still have things here at home that need painting. Like they say "Shoe maker's son, always needs shoes!!! LOL!!

Like the lions, but would rather have put a darker mane on them, but the customer is always right---especialy with this business.

Posted pics of the beginning of our fountain here at home on the previous thread---changed it about 4 times, but finally decided on what we were BOTH happy with. Still have to get the bottom of the base painted but, but here is a picture of it as it stands right now.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Love the color with the touch of gold. It is really beautiful.

If you think the pictures look good, you should see her work in person. Pictures do not do it justice. The colors & expertise of the painting is great but the finish shine is is the "icing".

I know pictures don't do justice to her painting, just wish I could come and see them in person. Love that fountain too. It is so great we are able to see pictures of all her work, thats to the digital camera. I do see a lot of old cameras in the thrift stores not, no one wants to bother with them.

We now have a sign---Thanks to mistressgardenr/Linda, & the company she works for!

Not the best picture as I did it with my phone yesterday--cloudy & doesn't take that great of a picture to begin with. Meant to get a better one today but so busy that I forgot.

We are a real business now!!!

P.S.

Haven't gotten any new pictures as I am working on about 5 things all at once---will post soon.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Sorry,

That didn't come out at all.

Know better than try posting from my phone from now on. Will get a good one with my digital & post it.

Have a delivery first of this week---suppossed to be getting some new things in from Indiana. Will be interesting to see what we get!!!!

Am going to post a new thread with the pitcture of our sign & the newbies we have in. (Or are you guys getting bored?)

Please let me know----I'll stop.

Please don't stop, we never get bored of seeing your work.

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Yeah- what Pegi said! :)

I just love seeing your work. Please don't stop.......

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Not bored at all - enjoy all the pics!

Better picture of our new sign.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

Was seriously thinking about ending this thread as I felt, maybe it had gone on to long!

Glad that all of you are enjoying it & will post pictures as long as you would like me to.

Not trying to toot my own horn---just enjoying the work I am doing & seeing the changes from raw concrete to what they can be.

Not everything I paint, is going to be what everyone pictures it to be---but that is the pleasure of being an artist---it can all be changed to the person's wish, with a brush!!!

Will leave you with a preview of the 'Frog Fountain', just the top, will post the rest tomorrow when we get it set up.

Thumbnail by Camillia84

P.S.

Just got a preview of the pic---didn't realise that there was so much in the back-ground that interferes with the pic---also, the milky white that you see on the fountain is the clear coat that I use---not dried.

I love your new sign. NO, NO, don't end this thread. I, for one, will never grow tired of seeing all that concrete come to life with your wonderful painting. Toot your horn as long as possible, if I could paint like that I sure would be patting myself on the back a lot. Love that frog fountain too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images