Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Why is this the "Happy Tree?" (Camptotheca acuminata) (Xi Shu): happy tree

Communities > Forums > Article: Why is this the "Happy Tree?" (Camptotheca acuminata) (Xi Shu)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Why is this the "Happy Tree?" (Camptotheca acuminata) (Xi Shu)Replies: 1, Views: 23
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
lavender49
Baltimore
United States

September 28, 2009
3:52 PM

Post #7112633

Do you realize that the ground in China is different than in usa and that could bear alot on how well the tree does and its make up. I would rather have the tree parts from China than La.
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 29, 2009
12:59 PM

Post #7115924

Though soil conditions may affect the general growth of the tree and possibly the concentrations of Camptothecin that would be found in the leaves and bark if the tree is grown in less than optimal conditions, I don't think anyone has done any research to determine if there is a difference in the leaf/bark harvest in Louisiana grown Happy Trees versus China grown trees. I will have to plead ignorance as to the possible effects of soil and growth conditions for Camptothecin levels in the Happy Tree.

Thanks for your interest and your comment!

Jeremy

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Why is this the "Happy Tree?" (Camptotheca acuminata) (Xi Shu) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Jeremy always a delight! "Happy Tree" chrissy100 5 Nov 6, 2007 1:57 AM
Camptotheca acuminata onsmith 1 Sep 28, 2009 10:49 PM
happy tree WELLSDRY 4 Oct 5, 2009 11:06 PM
Happy Tree EFGeorgia1 4 Oct 3, 2009 2:24 AM
Camptotheca acuminata gibson_girl 1 Sep 30, 2009 1:02 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America