Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ?: Mimosa - trash

Communities > Forums > Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ?Replies: 1, Views: 34
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tulpen
Los Angeles, CA

September 28, 2009
7:01 PM

Post #7113343

I live in LA where I been dealing with a well established mimosa next to my the house for several years. I adore plants, but this tree is a nuisance. Extremely invasive, robbing all the sunlight for other plants, so very messy and just not worth it's short flowering season or foliage.
downunda

November 15, 2013
8:32 PM

Post #9710009

Terribly sorry to hear that you see your Mimosa tree as a nuisance. I read elsewhere (but can't find the post) that Mimosa is messy.
I know little about the plant but have three at my place and they are not at all messy. I am falling in love with them.
I have been here in excess of a decade and never had a problem with them. Visitors adore them. So much so that some have obtained the Mimosa plant (Pink silk) for themselves.
The seeds are advertised as being that of a rare plant although I have no idea if this is true or not..?
Regards
DownUnda

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My Mimosa is a favorite Treasure UniQueTreasures 20 Oct 4, 2009 9:45 PM
Mimosa tree nathaliecraft 6 Sep 28, 2009 12:51 PM
Mimosa catevala 1 Sep 25, 2009 12:58 PM
Mimosa tree shirleyt 1 Sep 26, 2009 4:02 AM
Leaf Drop of Gardinia garden328 2 Mar 9, 2011 10:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America