Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Will this wonderful herb grow in cool weather or does it prefer summer heat?

Thanks for any insight.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Dill is a perennial and therefore can last several years. However, it is only hardy down to about -4C, so it is sown from seed each year and planted as an annual

Dill is good for cool areas, but will grow well anywhere, also you can grow it in a container, seeds sown after the last frost will appear in a couple of weeks.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Thanks cristina, I'll sow some seeds this weekend. I have a book or two on growing herbs but due to a series of events, the bookshelf is buried behind stuff I can't move! ..... DH retired and life is not the same! ;~)

Fremont, OH(Zone 5b)

Be sure that you sow your dill where you want it because it will definitly resow itself and you will have much more than you planned on the next year.A voice of experience!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I was thinking of a container but maybe I'll scatter some around here and there in gardens. Can never have enough dill.....she said with great naivete.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

MaryMcP Yes , dill reseeds itself, so do not allow it to go to seed or leave only one plant to seed and cut it before the seeds scatters around by itself.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.