Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Why is this the "Happy Tree?" (Camptotheca acuminata) (Xi Shu): Happy Tree

Communities > Forums > Article: Why is this the "Happy Tree?" (Camptotheca acuminata) (Xi Shu)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Why is this the "Happy Tree?" (Camptotheca acuminata) (Xi Shu)Replies: 4, Views: 23
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
EFGeorgia1
Lizella, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 29, 2009
2:24 AM

Post #7114985

Enjoyed your article, Jeremy. It would make me happy too.

Elaine
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

September 29, 2009
12:51 PM

Post #7115894

Thanks, Elaine! I still have a plant that I rooted for you, but I didn't tag it and now I can't remember its name! LOL We discussed it a long time ago (last year) right after I had bought it and I mentioned it would grow in your Zone. It is variegated leaves with blue flowers.

Jeremy
EFGeorgia1
Lizella, GA
(Zone 8a)

September 30, 2009
2:35 AM

Post #7118503

hmmmmmm, beats me. thinking here, but those brain cells are getting really old.. LOL
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

October 1, 2009
1:23 PM

Post #7123046

I may have to post it on the Plant & Tree I.D. forum so that we will both know what it is! LOL Oddly, the little cutting I rooted for you in a pint plant pot is fine but I think the same plants in the ground didn't survive. We have nematode problems in Florida that sometimes will kill susceptible plants when planted in the ground and that may be what happened with this plant, or it may just be so overwhelmed by the weeds and other plants growing around it that I can't find it! (and that is literally the truth!)

Jeremy
EFGeorgia1
Lizella, GA
(Zone 8a)

October 3, 2009
2:24 AM

Post #7129104

I know that's right ,, I find it best to leave a sprout growing to see if it is a weed or not... LOL

Elaine

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Why is this the "Happy Tree?" (Camptotheca acuminata) (Xi Shu) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Jeremy always a delight! "Happy Tree" chrissy100 5 Nov 6, 2007 1:57 AM
Camptotheca acuminata onsmith 1 Sep 28, 2009 10:49 PM
happy tree WELLSDRY 4 Oct 5, 2009 11:06 PM
happy tree lavender49 1 Sep 29, 2009 12:59 PM
Camptotheca acuminata gibson_girl 1 Sep 30, 2009 1:02 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America