Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

My First WS Coneflower Finally Bloomed!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I ws purple coneflowers in February. My first bloom FINALLY opened a couple of days ago. Whoop!

Thumbnail by stephanietx
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Pretty side view.

Thumbnail by stephanietx
Cynthia (N. Kansas C, MO(Zone 5b)

She's lovely!!! The side view, are you sure you got her "good side"? LOL! Congratulations on your patience - I can't wait to post photos this time next year of my purple coneflowers. They are still my favorites!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

that's one thing about many perennials.. you need to wait until the second year for blooms.
I had 1 coneflower [White Swan] that was a first year bloomer for me.
Though one of my Eastern Purple Coneflower Echinacea purpurea had 1 bloom the first year.
now -- after a few seasons, I have TONS of them.

Very pretty bloom stephanie.

Terese

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Most of the perennials I ws were fooled into thinking they'd already gone through one winter, so many of them bloomed. Thankfully, we get 2 growing/blooming seasons here, and with all the rain we've had recently, these guys shot up. I'm so excited! I think I'll sow some more this coming winter.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Congratulations are in order! I love those guys and am not only surprised they bloomed in the first year but at this time of year. Mine bloom in springtime. You will never be with out these now... they are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Hey! How is the Podster and the "real" Pod doing? Aren't Stephanie's photos gorgeous! I can't wait for next year to WS some and see what happens. I had one of Stephanie's photos as my screensaver for a while. She did a good job!!!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

WOW! Thanks for the kind words, Cynthia. I'm no photographer, but I enjoy taking pics of my plants and flowers (and cats).

How many cats? We have four now. I'll post a photo of Tubbie Tillie. She's an identical twin to her brother - he has one black freckle on his nose and hers is dark brown. It's the only way I can tell them apart, LOL.

Thumbnail by hanseycollie
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I have 2, Callie my old lady tortie cat with tortitude and Hannah, my 4 yo tabby cat.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.