Photo by Melody

Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ?: YOUR ARGUMENTS

Communities > Forums > Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ?Replies: 0, Views: 40
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Noturf
Marquesas Islands
Polynesia (French)

September 29, 2009
10:48 AM

Post #7115653

Are pretty clear. In my practice of thirty years I have noticed many of the problems you
have mentioned in Puerto Rico, with this tree and many others. The list will be too long.
However, mi criteria is that any tree, creating a mess in ANY urban context, should not be planted unless the owner has the money to pay for the clean up, or with lots of spare time
to sweep and pick up the organic garbage.

However, LAWNS create much wider problems of water waste, organic waste, pollution with herbicides,
insecticides, fertilizers, fungicides, trimmers, blowers and lawn mowers, in addition
to the infernal NOISE, particularly in GOLF
courses, however no one complaints about it. Not even the worried segment of the population about global warming. Even if using a lawnmower for an hour is just like driving for twenty miles, in terms of pollution.

USA and the world should start a policy of no LAWNS, in every possible context. Except
for playing grounds. After all I do not see the beauty of an ocean of turf, I only perceive
the pollution and damage to flora and fauna everywhere.

Thumbnail by Noturf
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My Mimosa is a favorite Treasure UniQueTreasures 20 Oct 4, 2009 9:45 PM
Mimosa tree nathaliecraft 6 Sep 28, 2009 12:51 PM
Mimosa catevala 1 Sep 25, 2009 12:58 PM
Mimosa tree shirleyt 1 Sep 26, 2009 4:02 AM
Leaf Drop of Gardinia garden328 2 Mar 9, 2011 10:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America