Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Books, Movies, and TV: Any Beauty and the Beast fans out there?

Communities > Forums > Books, Movies, and TV
bookmark
Forum: Books, Movies, and TVReplies: 7, Views: 58
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tetleytuna
Columbia, MO
(Zone 5b)

September 29, 2009
4:52 PM

Post #7116612

I remember first watching this series when it was aired in the late 1980's and recently encountered it again through reruns. All of the episodes are now available on DVD and it is truly an amazing show. Any other fans out there?
tetleytuna
Columbia, MO
(Zone 5b)

October 2, 2009
2:10 PM

Post #7126584

Surely I am not the only one who loves the story of Vincent and Catherine! C'mon guys! If their personal tale was not enough you gotta love the magical world created Below. :^)
pollyk
Hannibal, NY
(Zone 6a)

October 5, 2009
3:12 AM

Post #7135720

I am an absolut fan! I have rented the DVDs from Netflix, and will ask for them for Christmas presents.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

October 15, 2009
2:47 PM

Post #7171734

Never watched it.
tetleytuna
Columbia, MO
(Zone 5b)

October 15, 2009
4:17 PM

Post #7172003

Sorry it has taken so long to respond pollyk. Isn't it just the best show ever?? You will like the DVDs just make sure you get the boxed set that has their profiles on them. There is a bonus DVD with some extra stuff on it.

Flowerejen, you should try to catch it if you can. It is an amazing story set above and below New York City and will be unlike anything you have ever seen before. There is an entire world Below in the tunnels. The grainy world of NYC streets combines with an amazing world of patchwork and Shakespeare. Vincent is a very unique individual which for very important reasons cannot live Above and Catherine is an Asst District Atty so they come into contact with a wide variety of people and situations which make their lives very "interesting".

Here is a link to one of my favorite B and B sites that has a lot of good pics from the series to help you visualize it. http://www.classicalliance.net/
pollyk
Hannibal, NY
(Zone 6a)

October 16, 2009
2:09 AM

Post #7174015

Such a beautiful love story. Plus it had some mystery, and certainly fantasy in it. Amazing the people that were and still are, followers.

june_nmexico

june_nmexico
Albuquerque, NM
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2009
4:34 PM

Post #7179423

Goodness, that brings back memories! I loved Beauty and the Beast
and still have some old VCR tapes around.
tetleytuna
Columbia, MO
(Zone 5b)

February 2, 2010
8:16 PM

Post #7523120

Have not revisited this topic for awhile. Found a wonderful author who has written some good stories expanding on seasons one and two. Here is a link: http://thecelestialsurgeon.blogspot.com/

Winterfest Online 2010 is coming up in a few days. You can navigate to that site from the one referenced above. Hope to see you there!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Books, Movies, and TV Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Edgar Rice Burroughs: At the Earth's Core dave 8 Jul 12, 2007 7:54 AM
Harry Potter?? evelyn_inthegar 63 Feb 23, 2008 5:25 AM
Stephen King's Dark Tower gardenwife 40 Dec 20, 2010 9:34 PM
What's The Story With Johnny Appleseed? VGMKY 13 Jul 26, 2008 2:00 AM
Fictionwise FREE ebooks drop 4 May 28, 2007 3:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America