October - drama in the garden

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Here's Zuzu's kitty, Ambrosia, in a world of roses. Have to wonder if kitty knows how lucky she is.

Do you have any drama to share in the garden? A feature, an experience, a plant?

Thumbnail by pirl

The big drama here yesterday was the loss of one of Harry's remaining two teeth at the bottom lower jaw. He does have his other teeth - just the front are missing. Now we can call him Ollie and if you don't remember Ollie the Dragon then you missed out on early TV!

Thumbnail by pirl

Our new vegetable garden gate is probably the most dramatic thing in the garden.

Thumbnail by pirl
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I have a bear

Thumbnail by ge1836
Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I have a lounge lizard Basset/dashound mix.
Got his own Garden bench.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

Great bear, Jo Ann.

Love the dog and his own private bench. How lucky can our pets get?

They just don't know how rotten. Love them all
and plants. Even if my DH does say they don't go
together.

I love how pets and gardens. Harry/Ollie loves his favorite spots in shade or sun.

Thumbnail by pirl

pirl, that is precious. I have a puppy, youknow how they tear up everything.
Lucas is going to be fine, he just has to grow a little older and calm down.
He hound, so I know he will settle down. What is Ollie? He is so cute.

Thanks. He's a Lhasa Apso we got from a shelter. He had been given up twice before we got him 5 years ago. He's been a very good boy and a very smart fellow for us.

Lucas has such a sweet face. Just adorable.

His Mommy got run over when he was five weeks old and I guess you could say he is
a rescue too, cause poor owner was so upset. But Lucas is a smart little dog He is not but about
six months old. He is the baby. I have three more. Plus the mule, 3 donkeys and chickens. Oh, and fish.
All my children have Fur, fins, or feathers. How about that?? Charleen

No college funds needed! Great deal. They don't talk back either.

Arlene

Yes, indeed. The best of both worlds.
I like that.
Charleen

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I have a garden adviser.
He over sees everything done in the garden.
His name is Jerry,his brother Ben is a house cat ,only comes out if the family is on the deck for drinks and dinner

Thumbnail by ge1836

Ben and Jerry! Too cute.

I've had dogs named Freddie and Mac (Freddie Mac - home mortgages), Fannie Mae and Ginny Mae (mortgage agencies). Bet you couldn't guess I spent my life in the mortgage business.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Groaaaaan

Happy belated birthday, ridesredmule! Sorry I missed seeing it yesterday.

Oh, thank you, pirl. It was a crazy day but I managed to make it.
Everyday is a stepping stone. Been great today. We had some
nice talks about our pets, so that made it wonderful. Thanks.

As long as your birthday was a happy one that's all that matters. Pets also don't tell neighborhood pets your age - another bonus.

Age, is only in your head. It is how you feel.
We all feel great here so we are ageless.
Play in the dirt, don't feel like it :-))))
even if we are "Old as dirt" We got it honestly.
Love the kitty cat, he takes his job seriously, desn't he?

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thats Jerry and he isnt the sharpest tack in the bunch but lovable for his nobel bearing and friendly greetings to everyone who comes into the yard

Wanna see my mule?
this Charley, my darlin' red mule.

Handsome guy!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

He is very handsome. I've never see many mules but I thought they looked more like donkeys. He looks just like a horse.

He's about 15 hands. He is a handsome fellow and a smooth walker. when you get on be ready to ride, cause that boy can move. He's too fast for this old woman. But he is sweet, I can brush him all over and behind. He is that gentle. My donkeys are about the same too. All are very sweet animals. I am not mean to them . Here you go, The Kids.
Annabelle, Isabelle and A.T. Monticello. My husband name A.T. and Isabelle is his Mom and Annabelle is his Auntie. These are Standard donkeys, the one with the cross on their shoulders. My sweet moochy babies.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Oh, look at those sweet faces, just begging for a kiss.

I do love the turn of the head on the one at the left, the happy ears of the one in the middle and the hair on the one on the right. They all look lovable.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I've never seen a red mule, either. He's very handsome.
The dog on the bench: I want him !!!

aaah: Harry ! Did the tooth fairy visit him ?

This message was edited Oct 3, 2009 6:34 PM

Instead of money he got Jambalaya and loved it.

Thank you all. my babies would all be more than
willing to give you kisses. Especially if you brought
them an apple, tater chips, cookies, sweet potatoe,
they are not too picky. they don't care for tomatoes.
Can't figure out why.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Tomatoes are toxic to some animals, so they might know that. My daughters neighbors dog, a small pug type, came over and ate my daughters tomatoes, and the neighbors ended up taking the dog to the vet, and they kept him for three days for food poisoning. And it wasn't from something sprayed on the tomatoes, the vet said the tomatoes can be toxic to dogs.

"tomatoes can be fatal to dogs Tomatoes (plant and fruit) contain tomatine, an alkaloid related to solanine. As the fruit ripens, the tomatine is metabolized. Therefore, ripe tomatoes are less likely to be problematic for animals. Clinical signs of poisoning include lethargy, drooling, difficulty breathing, colic, vomiting, diarrhea or constipation, widely-dilated pupils, paralysis, cardiac effects, central nervous system signs (e.g., ataxia, muscle weakness, tremors, seizures), resulting from cholinesterase inhibition, coma and death. (This information comes from veterinarians, and the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center.) (All parts of the plant except the tomato itself are poisonous to humans, although some people are sensitive to the ripe fruit also.) "

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Who knew ? Very good info., Polly !

Amazing, isn't it how smart some animals are. These little donkeys and Charley are always looking around, they do get bored. They are like kids and get into things they shouldn't. Lord help you if you leave a door open to a shed. They want to go in and investigate to see if they can find something to eat. My DH calls them "Goats". They are almost as bad, but not quite, and they don't smell as bad as a Billy. They love to take Dust baths too.

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Love this thread!!
No drama but I have a terror in the garden, all 5 lbs of her.

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

So sweet, Sue!

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

My 24 lb, cat would probably be terrifed of her !

Oh, she looks too sweet to be a terror.
So dainty, what is her name?

Oh she would JD, she (Kasey) is a spitfire & thinks she's a big bad dog but it's that yappy bark that fakes you out. She's rather lick a cat's face than attack it. She really is a sweetie. Her sidekick Penny is a sweetie too, here they are in mad wrestling mode.

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

Oh oh, Mom said quit!

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

Pooped out after exploring the garden. Kasey is an unusual color for a Yorkie as she never turned silver/blond like most do by the time they are 1 but stayed black and brown/tan.

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.