AuthorContent
phalaeo
Philadelphia, PA
(Zone 7a)

October 4, 2009
7:17 AM

Post #7132764

Hi fellow Heucherophiles,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have an article up on DG today interviewing Dan Heims of Terra Nova. I tried to incorporate some of the questions I've seen on this forum and others in regards to the new hybrids and the issue of heat tolerance.

I hope you enjoy it and I welcome feedback to make future articles better.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/2645/

Warm regards,
Phalaeo
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

October 8, 2009
9:42 AM

Post #7147121

Teri

I read the article and really enjoyed it. I don't typically read the articles that are put out there on DG, but when I saw the article was with Dan Heims on Heucheras I had to go right to it and read it. Not only did you ask questions, as you said appear from time to time on this forum, but the pictures are gorgeous too!

Carolyn
medinac
Bensenville, IL
(Zone 5a)

October 10, 2009
5:44 AM

Post #7153860

Teri - I read it too and found it informative and interesting. And yes, GREAT pictures! The colorful one at the top really caught my eye. I usually quickly scan the articles for anything I'm interested in and yours definitely got my attention. I was glad to read about the rebloomers (they're next on my list) and found how Midnight Rose got her spots very interesting. Thanks for writing the article and for posting here.
hostajim1
Port Orchard, WA
(Zone 8a)

November 27, 2009
4:22 AM

Post #7312712

Phalaeo, thanks for posting the interview, I learned a lot about them, I go through Portland all the time to the Oregon coast, I wonder if they have tours of Terra Nova? probably not. I know one of their ex-employees and he has given me a lot of tips on Hosta Hybridizing. Jim

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Heucheras and Friends Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Any Heuchera Experts Out There, specifically deer-resistant JudithI 19 Feb 14, 2009 5:00 PM
Colorful Heucheras sanannie 148 Aug 2, 2007 5:10 PM
New Member - wondering about Heucheras jazmine188 18 May 29, 2007 1:27 PM
Palace Purple Overexposed! (Warning...this is scary) Erynne 24 May 31, 2007 3:30 PM
Question about wintering over Heucheras BlueAsh 17 Mar 28, 2007 9:57 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America