Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Ratatouille - Blend of summer and fall produce!

Los Angeles, CA

Fall just started and summer just ended; it's a great time to incorporate summer and fall produce into a delightful dish. This Ratatouille is made of zucchinis, tomatoes, eggplants, onions and sweet bell peppers is a great way to welcome the fall season and say farewell to the warm days of summer. Visit http://snagwiremedia.com/ratatouille/ on how to serve this colorful medley of vegetables

Ratatouille

What You Need

1 small eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup Kraft Catalina Dressing, divided
2 large red peppers, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
4 small zucchini (about 3/4 lb.), cut in half lengthwise, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, coarsely chopped
3 tomatoes (about 1 lb.), chopped
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil

Make It

PLACE eggplant in colander. Sprinkle with salt; mix lightly. Let stand 30 min. Rinse, drain and pat dry with paper towel.

HEAT 1/4 cup dressing in large nonstick skillet. Add eggplant; cook and stir 6 to 7 min. or until softened and browned. Spoon eggplant to side of skillet. Add 3 Tbsp. of the remaining dressing, peppers, zucchini, garlic and onions to center of skillet; cook and stir 3 to 5 min. or until vegetables are tender. Spoon to side of skillet. Add remaining dressing and tomatoes; cook and stir 3 min. Mix vegetables and tomatoes; cover. Cook on low heat 15 to 20 min. or until vegetables are very tender, stirring occasionally.

Thumbnail by foodgardener
Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

I make this dish alot...but I don't use any bottled dressing...just garlic/onions and olive oil.

Chopped finely, room temp ratatouille is great on vegies or crackers: 'Cowboy Caviar'.....

Honomu, HI(Zone 11)

Aloha foodgardener and Carol!

I love using the Ratatouille combination of vegetables in unusual and different ways.
Following are links to two of them

BTW, I don't use bottle dressing either but love using my garlic infused olive oil - instructions for making it are on the post

http://www.soniatasteshawaii.com/2007/08/an-afternoon-wi.html

,,,,and here is a recipe for Ratatouille Pie - for the real men who claim they don't eat quiche...
http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977104705

Enjoy!
Sonia
(foodiesleuth)

Thumbnail by foodiesleuth
Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Years ago I bought this bottled at a Food Show...they called it "Cowboy Caviar"...it was a great dip for vegies and was cool on crackers...great in warm wraps with Feta or Goat Cheese!!!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Sonia, Quierida...is that YOU?

Honomu, HI(Zone 11)

Si, Carolina.....soy yo!
;-)

Sorry, I was w/o a computer for several days and was already climbing walls....

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

I know how you feel. Mine is broken (cucarachas in the wires) and I have to use this @#%##!! laptop til mine is fixed!!!!

Honomu, HI(Zone 11)

;-) Mine seems to be behaving today, but really acted up yesterday when I was trying to post the latest to my blog...
:-(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.