SOLVED: morning glory tree

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

does anyone know the name for the morning glory tree? i have the pink one. its about 10 feet tall...not really a tree, but bigger than a bush.
any help will be appreciated
jen

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Is this it? http://www.gpnc.org/bush.htm

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

no, poppysue, but thanks
the leaves and flowers are like the morning glory vine, except the stem doesnt twine or wrap..it grows in a bush form. the leaves are about the size of a hand.
it also seems to be a perennial. its been here for 2 years now and hasnt gotten healtier.
ill try to get a picture and post it.
thanks again
jen

Newberry, FL(Zone 8B)

mine has light lavender leaves, i identified as ipomea carnea fistulosa. i have heard of a sister pink. they start rooting as soon as you clip them, and some of mine grew 8 feet in maybe 2 months. love this plant.

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Removed by member request

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I have to think hard here, but there is another type of bush morning glory and I don't think it is an Ipomea. It is Cnereum or something like that. I got seeds from a lady from Texas a few years ago. I traded it off to someone in a warmer zone at summers end. The flowers are peach if I remember correctly. Let me see if I can find the name and get back to you.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

The one I was thinking of is Convulvulus cneorum. Here is one link http://www.liddlewonder.co.nz/PlantGallery/ConvolvulusCneorum/index.htm
I can't seem to find anything on the ones with other color blooms. The ones I had were either peach or pink and faded to another color, or another color and faded to peach or pink. LOL Anyway, don't know if this helps but I am out of time. :)
Michele

Newberry, FL(Zone 8B)

Poppy sue, last link is like mine. they grow really fast and root in a heart beat. would probably be good as an annual grown up north, they grow so fast.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

does it make a lot of seeds, arlene????

Florence, AL(Zone 7a)

Lots and lots of seed? Enough that I could get some, too???

Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

Sure would be nice to have some seed of that amazing plant! Pretty please?

Grass Lake, MI(Zone 5a)

Are you trading any of your seeds of this plant or cuttings?

Newberry, FL(Zone 8B)

I have seen seeds posted on other sites, guess they make seeds. a kind lady sent me some, but i already passed them on when i saw how easily they root. easiest thing i have ever seen. i have seen the pink ones being traded, not in person, don't know anything about them.

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

ill be cutting mine back sometime in october. if anyone is interested in cuttings, just let me know.
jen

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Hi MSJen, I am very much interested in a cutting. Please keep me in mind when you cut it back. Thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.