Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Some Like It Hot! Making Hot Sauce from Homegrown Chile Peppers: Thai "chicken dipping" sauce

Communities > Forums > Article: Some Like It Hot! Making Hot Sauce from Homegrown Chile Peppers
bookmark
Forum: Article: Some Like It Hot! Making Hot Sauce from Homegrown Chile PeppersReplies: 1, Views: 11
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
billure
tavira
Portugal

October 6, 2009
4:16 PM

Post #7141179

Can anyone help me with a recipe for this sauce, usually available in Oriental delis as Nam Ploy?
It is not very hot, and is quite sweet, and obviously goes very well with fried or roast chicken.
I have had some disastrous efforts at making it, as I am now well out of reach of Oriental delis!
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

October 6, 2009
6:13 PM

Post #7141521

Sorry, no idea here.. you might try asking in the recipe forum.. oops, just checked & it doesn't look like you're a subscriber (hope you'll consider it!), so you may just have to try googling for a recipe. A site like allrecipes.com might have something useful... I often check several recipes and pick one that seems similar to most of the others in terms of ingredients & proportions (experimentation can wait until I try a more tried and true approach).

Good luck!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Some Like It Hot! Making Hot Sauce from Homegrown Chile Peppers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Good Job Jill MitchF 11 Sep 29, 2009 11:30 PM
Hot Article phicks 15 Oct 10, 2009 10:38 PM
can i freeze the hot suace? anngan 1 Sep 1, 2008 7:13 PM
HOT phicks 1 Sep 29, 2009 8:23 PM
great article taynors 2 Sep 30, 2009 12:37 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America