Photo by Melody

Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the Spring: What a wonderful tip...just in time!

Communities > Forums > Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the Spring
bookmark
Forum: Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the SpringReplies: 1, Views: 15
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ratlover1
Rising Sun, IN

October 6, 2009
5:34 PM

Post #7141398

I just read your article via the Dave's Garden newsletter. We just moved into our new home the 1st of October, and unfortunately the previous owners were not gardeners at all. There is nothing but grass and one dwarf Alberta spruce on the corner. Spring seems an awfully long way away, although I do have plenty of soil amending work to do until then. But after reading your article, I will be perusing our local nurseries for those pathetic-looking perennials that I can plant now! It makes perfect sense. I really can't wait until spring now...I'll have a head start! Thank you so much and best wishes to you!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 7, 2009
2:16 PM

Post #7144184

Good luck! If you plant now, the plants will have a whole season's head start on those fancy, pumped-up ones they sell in the spring, even if they're not reduced yet now. Root growth continues while top growth fades back. Congrats on your new home.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Plant Perennials in the Fall, Instead of the Spring Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Fall is for planting, fer sure vossner 7 Sep 8, 2008 4:35 PM
Gladiolus bulbs Gisforgran 8 Sep 10, 2008 6:43 PM
Fall is for planting CHOOD 7 Sep 9, 2008 9:09 AM
Platycodon in Zone 6 Patches001 2 Oct 1, 2009 2:04 PM
thank you Carrie! JacalynFromCanada 1 Sep 9, 2008 9:22 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America