Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Tansy: Tansy

Communities > Forums > Article: Tansy
bookmark
Forum: Article: TansyReplies: 2, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
windy126
Waupaca, WI
(Zone 4a)

October 6, 2009
6:21 PM

Post #7141553

I know how you feel about Tansy I have found it all over my yard. I was about to tear it all out but, one day I found where a mouse, or mice, were coming in under the island in my kitchen. They just walked their way up the gas pipe. Traps did not work then I decided to use some of the old strewing herbs I have planted in my gardens. I chose Tansy to start. I picked leaves and put them around where they were coming in. Much to my surprise and pleasure the mice have not been back. The Tansy stays and not only will I dry t he plant for the flowers to use in arrangements but I will also keep dried leaves a mouse deterant
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

October 6, 2009
10:39 PM

Post #7142310

You are right, and I had forgotten about that! We did that at home when I was growing up. I don't have a mouse, but yet another reason to keep the tansy supply handy.
Thanks for reminding me!
delbertyoung56m
Medina, NY

July 30, 2012
3:42 PM

Post #9223972

I have tansy in my yard - never dies. My house is 200 years old, maybe the tansy is from the 1800's. I don't know. Anyway, someone told me that in the old days, tansy was given to young, unmarried women who found themselves pregnant, in order in make them sick enough to lose the fetus - an old form of abortion. Is this true - curious. I keep the plant because it is a connection to the past. Thanks for the information about tansy in your article. Oh, by the way, my cousin named her cat "Tansy", after my plant.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Tansy Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Tansy sharonf1 13 Aug 18, 2012 10:09 AM
Wonderful! NEILMUIR1 2 Sep 22, 2009 1:20 PM
Just send it over here! woofie 15 Oct 3, 2009 2:33 PM
Tuesday LouC 1 Sep 22, 2009 5:29 PM
Always there hello85 3 Sep 23, 2009 3:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America