Goat passing scary stuff...

Clarkson, KY

Will include a pic in my next...looks like a string of red grapes. Horrible. She has been w/ a buck since August...any ideas?

Clarkson, KY

Here's the pic, not too clear...

Thumbnail by grownut
South of Winnipeg, MB(Zone 3a)

Don't you think maybe a pregnancy has ended? Never raised goats, so I don't know what you are dealing with. Sure hope someone with experience comes along for you.

Clarkson, KY

She was fine this morning. Yes. It has to have been an ended pregnancy, though I've never seen anything like it. A friend who has goats said her does will sometimes have afterbirth that looks like this. Mine never have. Looked like cancerous knots of ewww...

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

I think she probably aborted. You could take the discharged mass to the vet to get a possible answer without having to have a vet come to the farm or having to take the doe in. Look around and see if you can find anything else, and meanwhile, take the doe's temperature, and observe her. If she is acting normal and doesn't have an elevated temperature, she is probably fine.

Clarkson, KY

Thanks very much, Mary. Had pretty much done just that. This time really startled me as I had never seen anything quite so...unhealthy?-looking...from any of my does before...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images