Photo by Melody

International Trading: CLOSED: WANTED: Any Help?

Communities > Forums > International Trading
bookmark
Forum: International TradingReplies: 5, Views: 179
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Kim_M
Hamburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 9, 2009
3:07 PM

Post #7151223

I am in a Desperate hunt for Saxifraga Stribryni. It seems to be available in the UK. Which will ship to the USA. The Phytosanitary Certificate is more then I can afford right now. My last International Order cost me $158.00 and I just can't do it again :-(. Seeds would be great if ANYONE has them..

ANYBODY???

Thanks in Advance

Posting this in 3 places...sorry.
JonnaSudenius

(Zone 6b)

October 9, 2009
3:51 PM

Post #7151398

Hi Kim,

http://www.seeds-by-size.co.uk/saxifraga.html

They offer a packet for 13,75 british pounds + 4,50 british pounds shipping to the USA. Still very expensive.
I could arrange it that they send the seeds to me and I will send them to you.

I'll d-mail you a contact in Norway, who offered these seeds last year for trade. Try him first.

Jonna
Kim_M
Hamburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 9, 2009
4:24 PM

Post #7151524

You are a life saver! Soooo excited. Sending you a dmail. I don't know how much USD that comes too.
Villiers
Chadds Ford, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 28, 2009
1:29 PM

Post #7216384

Kim, just be aware that your shipment could be destroyed by customs because this seed provider does not have a phytosanitary certificate ( I just checked on his website). Last year I tried to bring back some T&M seed packets from France (they sell in this country) and they would not let me. Go figure!
Kim_M
Hamburg, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 28, 2009
3:27 PM

Post #7216739

I suppose I have been very fortunate in all my trades over the last 6 years overseas. I have never had 1 of my packages not received by the other person. Also with the hundreds of species I've collected from all over the world I have had 1 package confiscated it was in 2004. The package came alright...EMPTY...with a note. ha! Saying your contents have been burned and confiscated. So 1 out of my hundreds of trades not received has not been bad. Also I just bought things from Lithuania and let me tell you...very very expensive (shipping, phytosanitary certificate..plants). And I will probably never do that again. Unless I go crazy again and have to plead temporary insanity..
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

December 18, 2009
3:46 PM

Post #7379797

Small lots of seeds can be imported without a certificate. See http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/plants/plant_imports/smalllots_seed.shtml

Hope this helps, I've had seeds confiscated and destroyed, haven't tried to import seeds lately, but this should help.

Deb

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other International Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
CLOSED: Who can I trade seeds with? singleyellowros 23 Feb 11, 2008 3:12 PM
CLOSED: Looking for Japanese Morning glory seeds and Japanese iris gloriag 2 Jun 7, 2008 6:05 PM
Palm seeds for trade gcolbert28303 5 May 5, 2008 12:57 AM
Salvia Seeds for Salvia Seeds:) annette68 6 Oct 30, 2007 4:01 AM
Ipomoea batatas B1ZZYL1ZZY 19 May 18, 2007 9:00 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America