Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Geraniums, Pelargoniums and Erodiums: Geranium Neon Rose

Communities > Forums > Geraniums, Pelargoniums and Erodiums
bookmark
Forum: Geraniums, Pelargoniums and ErodiumsReplies: 16, Views: 173
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
stormyla
Norristown, PA
(Zone 6b)

October 10, 2009
5:24 PM

Post #7154985

I planted this lovely Geranium Neon Rose last fall. What I particularly like about this Geranium is the decidedly Salmon colored cast to the blooms. I don't remember which company I ordered this from and can not locate the receipt. A web search turned up no information on this cultivar. Is anyone familiar with this plant and might know where I can order some more? Thanks

Thumbnail by stormyla
Click the image for an enlarged view.

pollyk
Hannibal, NY
(Zone 6a)

November 9, 2009
4:18 AM

Post #7254941

That's a lovely one, Mary. I have been looking at gernaniums to purchase for the nursery for next year, so I thought I'd search for this one. The only one I see is sold by Michigan Bulb. And it doesn't look like yours. I also see some pelargoniums named Neon Rose, but yours is obviously a hardy geranium.

Did you buy anything from michigan Bulb? If so, you might have just received whatever they had on hand. Which would be sad, as we would never find out what it is. And it's lovely.

http://michiganbulb.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_74224_A_Geranium Border Collection_E_
stormyla
Norristown, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 9, 2009
4:27 AM

Post #7254965

Polly, now that I think about it, it probably did come from Michigan bulb a few years ago. Oh well, I have two and will enjoy them.

I bought some interesting and decently priced Hardy Geraniums from Edelweiss Perennials this year. They are priced well for home use, but obviously not for resale. But their plants are so healthy and nicely sized, and the shipping is cheap, it's worth a look

They also have a nice selection of Epimediums and their feedback in Garden Watchdog is quite good.

http://www.edelweissperennials.com/
pollyk
Hannibal, NY
(Zone 6a)

November 9, 2009
4:30 AM

Post #7254972

I have purchased from them for my own garden before, and they were wonderful. I also love Geraniaceae. Pricey, but some different ones.

http://geraniaceae.com/
stormyla
Norristown, PA
(Zone 6b)

November 9, 2009
4:35 AM

Post #7254983

Thanks, Polly. I remember the co-op from Geraniaceae. I didn't buy any from them as I ordered quite a large amount from Edelweiss. Maybe I'll get some from them in the spring. I'd love to see another co-op with them this year.
pollyk
Hannibal, NY
(Zone 6a)

November 9, 2009
4:39 AM

Post #7254995

I would also.
roserairie
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

January 20, 2010
9:08 PM

Post #7479985

I agree. I purchased jolly bee and it was just stunning. Every geranium I purchased from Geraniaceae was spectacular.
Rose
mothermole
Deer Park, IL
(Zone 5b)

January 24, 2010
2:02 AM

Post #7490030

Are any of you familiar with the co-op buying group on Yahoo called: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BnPCo-opBuying/

I have been buying with this group for over a year and the prices and plants are great! There currently is a sale going on hardy geraniums-below is a copy of it. Consider having a peak at this website and joining-it's free and the plants and bulbs are great! Look below and judge for yourself: (they also have other sales on other types of plants on their site)

These are shipped bareroot. You can fit about 25 to a box.
Our minimum is 30 per variety.
Minimum purchase will be 10
This co-op ships separately. No surcharges apply.

g. maculatum Expresso 2.00
Brookside 2.00
Patricia 2.50
Johnson's Blue 2.00
Memories 3.75
Biokovo 2.00
Sateene 3.75
Double Jewel 5.00
Karmina 1.50
Phillipe Vapelle 2.50
Rozanne 4.75
Alice 3.00
Purple Pillow 3.40
Springtime 3.50
Hocus Pocus 5.00
New Hampshire Purple 2.50
Splish Splash 2.00
Elke 2.50
Max Frei 2.50
Striatum 2.50
Sanguineum 2.50
Blue Blood 3.75
roserairie
Chicago, IL
(Zone 5b)

January 24, 2010
5:00 AM

Post #7490521

I tried to join but was never approved. I really would have been a active participant too!
Rose
mothermole
Deer Park, IL
(Zone 5b)

January 25, 2010
6:39 AM

Post #7494019

Try again - I think it's only one or two people running the show there at that site and maybe you were overlooked somehow. Lately a lot of the co-op's there haven't met minimums due to the economy and cash being a little less available for everyone. I really want to buy some of these hardy geraniums and I need to get other like minded people interested to get the quantities up. So please fellow geranium lovers, help me get my plants, help the economy, help yourself to some great deals!
tabasco
Cincinnati (Anderson, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 8, 2010
3:05 PM

Post #7775779

Hi, mothermole, I just went over to the Yahoo link and looked around a little.

I guess you have to join to see any of the postings?

And when you joined (they ask a lot of information) did you start getting a lot of spammy type stuff on email?

Just wondering... t.
pollyk
Hannibal, NY
(Zone 6a)

May 8, 2010
3:24 PM

Post #7775827

I belong to the Yahoo group, as well as the co-op on the 'other site', and have never gotten any spam email generated from there.
tabasco
Cincinnati (Anderson, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 8, 2010
5:12 PM

Post #7776093

thanks, polly, maybe I'll go over to yahoo and check in on the coop.
\
(am already a member of GW and never had a problem with spam).
pollyk
Hannibal, NY
(Zone 6a)

May 8, 2010
5:18 PM

Post #7776112

I am a member of GW too, and have never had any spam from there. I was referring to the 'other new site'. I don't think we can mention on here.

This message was edited May 9, 2010 9:34 AM
tabasco
Cincinnati (Anderson, OH
(Zone 6a)

May 9, 2010
1:48 AM

Post #7776838

oh, of course. I haven't visited there too much (since I find it a little confusing~~I must be the only one).
Pamgarden
Central, VA
(Zone 7b)

June 19, 2010
3:45 PM

Post #7903500

Mary, That is a lovely flower. On my computer it looks more pink than salmon, but I love the entire range of salmon. You mean we can't mention the other site? I've been in a couple of co-ops there and they worked just fine for me. I agree that the site is confusing. Just been coming in here so long, I expect everything to look like here. I am also a long-time GW member although I've never been in a co-op there. Don't have any reason for that other than I never looked farther than DG I believe I went to Yahoo a year or two ago and got some seeds for a world-renowned salvia (was it Renee's?), with a small donation and a sase but passed on joining. The same thing Tabasco said sticks in my mind about too much information wanted just to look around. Pam
stormyla
Norristown, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 19, 2010
6:12 PM

Post #7903768

Hey Pam, Thanks. So far this has been a pretty good year in my garden for Geraniums. Yes, this is a sort of pink, but with orangey tones. I wish it would rain. It's been so dry here. My lilies are suffering.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Geraniums, Pelargoniums and Erodiums Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Never grew these before.. Brugie 21 May 3, 2007 2:20 PM
Visions Light Pink echoes 5 May 4, 2009 8:38 PM
Overwintering - dumb question, I know AlohaHoya 28 Mar 19, 2007 4:00 PM
Hardy Geranium resource links, info, and pics? tabasco 46 Jul 26, 2007 7:26 PM
Plain ole standard geranium....how cold can i let them get?? sticks_n_stones 12 Mar 30, 2007 2:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America