Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Grow plants that give glowing health: As always good information

Communities > Forums > Article: Grow plants that give glowing health
bookmark
Forum: Article: Grow plants that give glowing healthReplies: 5, Views: 30
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 11, 2009
1:42 PM

Post #7157341

Look forward to your articles, Dinu, as they are a window into more knowledge of your culture. Gentle and in tune with nature. This last season I grew some 5 varieties of basil never knowing it was so much more important than as just a seasoning. Will be considering the various plants as I seed for the coming year.

How is your pond? Have lost the thread.

Christi
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

October 11, 2009
4:25 PM

Post #7157759

An excellent article, Dinu.
Thank you.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

October 11, 2009
11:50 PM

Post #7159087

I believe "mother nature" has everything we need ...it's wonderful to be introduced to some of her secrets ...
many thanks
chrissy

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

October 12, 2009
6:52 AM

Post #7160251

Am glad you all liked the article. Thanks for the appreciation.
Christi, the pond is fine. Haven't posted pictures of it lately. May be I'll post soon.
LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

October 12, 2009
2:27 PM

Post #7160919

Ms. Sharran and Dinu should maybe do a combined article on a plant or two. Both of you are walking founts of knowledge.

Christi

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

October 12, 2009
3:10 PM

Post #7161061

Christi,

Earlier we depended on library books for references to relate to our experiences or situations or to learn new things. Now we have the Internet. Sometimes we prepare a simple recipe from Coleus aromaticus and we mix it with boiled rice and have with our food. May be I'll have to take the help of my DW for this. I'll see how I can find time with her to prepare the written recipe for sharing here!! LOL. The way of living, the habits themselves teach us so much. Bermuda grass is also a wonderful thing as medicine. I've seen monkeys eat it when it has a stomach upset. I've seen dogs eat it and vomit to bring out the toxins! Natural instinct teaches them, but not civilized man!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Grow plants that give glowing health Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
namaskar... pejiduta8 7 Oct 14, 2009 3:18 PM
good to see you in the writers' spot. gloria125 1 Oct 11, 2009 4:14 PM
Fact-checking Fail Mishal 5 Oct 16, 2009 2:19 AM
Very nice intro garden_mermaid 1 Oct 12, 2009 6:45 AM
Thank you! Kylaluaz 2 Oct 13, 2009 1:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America