Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Grow plants that give glowing health: Aloe Vera

Communities > Forums > Article: Grow plants that give glowing health
bookmark
Forum: Article: Grow plants that give glowing healthReplies: 1, Views: 23
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
elvinap
San Antonio, TX
(Zone 8b)

October 12, 2009
12:26 PM

Post #7160574

I started with one small off shoot and now I have Aloe Vera in many pots outside in San Antonio,TX.. It withstands temps from 15 to 105 degrees. Very little watering. It grows small plants around the main plant and when they fall to the ground, root immediately and start other clumps of the plant. Awesome to stop burns from blistering and for healing a large variety of skin ailments. LOVE IT!!!!!

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

October 12, 2009
1:47 PM

Post #7160794

Yes it is a plant that has beauty too. It is a boon to gardeners who like to neglect the plants! It survives anything. I've kept the extras in a tree hole and they have been living, if not thriving. A poultice of this tied overnight to any spot that is pricked with a thorn and the thorn is remaining inside, will bring the foreign body out by morning. It is a very useful plant to have in the yard. Occasionally I use it as a shaving cream.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Grow plants that give glowing health Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
As always good information LouC 5 Oct 12, 2009 3:10 PM
namaskar... pejiduta8 7 Oct 14, 2009 3:18 PM
good to see you in the writers' spot. gloria125 1 Oct 11, 2009 4:14 PM
Fact-checking Fail Mishal 5 Oct 16, 2009 2:19 AM
Very nice intro garden_mermaid 1 Oct 12, 2009 6:45 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America