Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Gathering Leaves: Sun painting on fabric

Communities > Forums > Article: Gathering Leaves
bookmark
Forum: Article: Gathering LeavesReplies: 5, Views: 49
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
maiglocke
Cleveland, OH
(Zone 5b)

October 12, 2009
2:40 PM

Post #7160979

I certainly want to try this. I love to press the leaves especially with so many different fall colors. I am like a little child looking at each leaf as I turn it over. I have a few pictures of photographs and leaves and will try on material now.

Thumbnail by maiglocke
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 12, 2009
3:22 PM

Post #7161096

The results can be quite amazing. I hope you enjoy it.
sandy_s
Rifle, CO

October 12, 2009
8:03 PM

Post #7162047

Kathleen what is the paint you use on the fabric to do this? i'd love to do it too. sandy
Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 12, 2009
8:08 PM

Post #7162057

It's Pebeo Setacolor Transparent fabric paint. I generally order mine from Dharma Trading Company, but it is available at some craft stores.
maiglocke
Cleveland, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 5, 2012
5:51 AM

Post #9325101

I looked at this again - your collecting leaves -- in Dave's Garden I recvd. on email today . I am a senior and still collect leaves with my smaller grandchildren and by MYSELF, as I love the colors. Do you iron the dried or fresh leaves between the wax paper?

Thumbnail by maiglocke   Thumbnail by maiglocke   Thumbnail by maiglocke   Thumbnail by maiglocke   
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 5, 2012
6:24 AM

Post #9325140

Lately, I've just been drying them in old phone books. It doesn't change their color the way ironing does and they are appropriately flat when I want to use them on the fabric. I've been crumbling some of the older leaves up and mixing them in the handmade paper I've been working on this autumn with a friend.. it adds a nice texture and the colors hold true.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Gathering Leaves Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Just Lovely Wvdaisy 22 Oct 9, 2009 4:54 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America