Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: The Acorn, In a Nutshell: I didn't know that !

Communities > Forums > Article: The Acorn, In a Nutshell
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Acorn, In a NutshellReplies: 2, Views: 22
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

October 13, 2009
1:00 AM

Post #7163041

Hi
great article ! i loved it
i live in the middle of 45 acres and its all oak tree's ! they fall on my metal roof on my home and BANG !!. Once i discovered what the noise was ,I have learned to love it. My kids and i have great fun guessing how many BANGS we will get at dinner LOL
we enjoy watching the squirrels carrying the acorns away . they are fun to watch. I don't appreciate them digging up my flowers to bury them but you have to love it ? LOL
i learned alot from you article today
thank you
taynors

gwen21

gwen21
Gurnee, IL
(Zone 5b)

October 13, 2009
2:21 AM

Post #7163343

Glad you liked it--sounds like you live on your own little nature preserve! I too am driven "nuts" by squirrels and chipmunks when they dig up mu plants, but they are amusing and they entertain my cats.

taynors

taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)

October 13, 2009
12:23 PM

Post #7164147

LOL brave squirrels . I had my parents dog here for a visit and not a squirrel in sight ! the day she left , the squirrels were in full swing again ? funny :)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Acorn, In a Nutshell Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Oh, those acorns! beachwoman 6 Oct 9, 2012 6:05 PM
Always had a 'thing' for oaks SouthernGal 1 Oct 12, 2009 1:35 PM
The acorn, in a nutshell garden_geezer 5 Oct 13, 2009 3:40 AM
another bit of 'wisdom' ratlover1 2 Oct 12, 2009 11:54 PM
The ecological and survival significanc Michaeljerusale 0 Oct 14, 2009 11:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America