Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Bringing Amaryllis (Hippeastrum) bulbs out of dormancy: forcing amaryllis

Communities > Forums > Article: Bringing Amaryllis (Hippeastrum) bulbs out of dormancy
bookmark
Forum: Article: Bringing Amaryllis (Hippeastrum) bulbs out of dormancyReplies: 0, Views: 34
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
blackcanyon
Hotchkiss, CO

October 13, 2009
4:10 PM

Post #7164848

thanks for the article. I read through all the comments, and still have a question about forcing dormancy. I put my amaryllis in the basement to force dormancy. Why does the pot need to be on its side? Does it need darkness? And I've always thought that cutting off the leaves while still green takes required nutrients from the bulb. Is that OK to do w/o hurting the bulb? If anyone out there knows answers, please reply.
Thanks from zone 5.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Bringing Amaryllis (Hippeastrum) bulbs out of dormancy Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Informative and timely: thank you! pirl 0 Oct 12, 2009 10:57 AM
H. papilio spete 2 Oct 12, 2009 10:53 PM
Thank you plmbzmom 0 Oct 12, 2009 12:16 PM
Great review! Ladybee99 0 Oct 12, 2009 2:44 PM
Much appreciated! susie7488 0 Oct 12, 2009 2:44 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America